• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Mopars at Lebanon Valley Dragway, anyone going?

chargervert

Local time
4:15 PM
Reaction score
20181021_161701.jpg
The last Mopar show of the year in our area is this weekend, anyone going. It was cold last year, with snow flurries! .I brought my van last year, and we hung out drinking beer in the back, out of the wind. I had the only B van there! This year, I will either take my wife's 09 Challenger R / T classic, or my truck. I have been working crazy hours, and don't have time to get a car ready to go to the show. Last year there wasn't many vendors. I hope that there are more show cars, vendors, and drag cars than last year!

It was a great day! Lots of show cars, nicd weather, and great drag racing. Many old school Mopars racing and many modern Mopars runing in the 10s through 12s all day. A couple of notable show cars, like this 71 Charger racecar,and this 69 Hemi Road Runner, that a friend of mine found from a craigslist ad,under a crushed metal carport in a yard full of junk! A once in a lifetime find for sure. My friend sold the car to two brothers who had the Hemi rebuilt, but left the rest of the car in as found condition. There was also a one of 43 built 70 Hemi GTX 4 speed car, and a black survivor 66 Hemi Coronet 500. I saw Cliff from Mopar Action photographing the 71 Charger so look for it in an upcoming issue.
20191013_112114.jpg
20191013_110354.jpg

20191013_112452.jpg 20191013_110346.jpg

The photos don't due the 71 Charger justice, the car had an amazing old school multi colored flip flop metal flake paintjob.

That 70 GTX was sitting for a very long time. Had a crappy red-ish paint job, but otherwise solid and complete original. A woman owned it since the 70s, daily driver.

Guy did the minor bodywork and paint himself, new top, interior is original, floors untouched.

I bought the shifter out of it as it was swapped out years ago.

Auto Transport Service
Back