• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

mY 69 CHARGER /daytona clone project

this car will not have any of the non original fiber glass replacement parts made now either . It will be all steel or aluminum stuff like the originals had .

the back window plug will be made out of a vega hatch which fits and looks very close to the originals and comes with the chrome molding and back glass. The real plug in steel would cost me 2500.. bucks , the real chrome moldings if you could find them cost 2500.00 to 5000.00 on ebay , and the original back glass is about 1500.00 new .

I bought my vega hatch for 100.00 bucks , from howie on this board , who is also doing a daytona clone and an altered wheel base car. Larry roper his and my buddy will hopefully be doing install on hatch and rear window section .

vegahatch1.JPG

Cool project Stu! I remember reading threads on that car years ago on DC.com when CudaKen owned it.
Can't wait to see the progress!

Jason

This is going to be a nice clone. I really like it and cant wait to see it done. I love clone cars.

i will try and post some more of the 100's of pictures this week end

I have done lots of work on it , just no where near finished , I will finish the car in stages . Wing and rear window plug are the next plan . Its drivable now . Then later down the road i will convert the front clip , that is where it will take most of the cash.

Moparstuart, do you remember the guy/Army guy that came in to your shop about a month ago asking about early b bodies? That was me.

Yep, that was me. He has some great cars and seemed to be really cool. I didnt even think about asking if you were on any websites...guess I need to do that more. I run through your way every now and then to KC. Our recruiting HQ is there. I'll stop by next time I run out that way.

Auto Transport Service
Back