• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 72 Coronet Project Empty Wallet

It's good that you are taking care of the small things. That's still one of the cleanest 4-door coronet's I've seen eve.

Thanks. Tomorrow I'm dropping it off to get the exhaust done. Pick it up later in the week. I love the smell of Mopars but this one will kill you. Holes everywhere leaks and missing tailpipe.

Exhaust is done and showed my son how to change the sparkplugs Will get headers at later date.

001.JPG003.JPG005.JPG006.JPG

Cool project, love the four doors! We had a 72 satellite wagon growing up and yours reminds me of it. Nice work!

That's a nice clean looking job they did on your exaust, I bet she sounds good!

Did a little work on the 72 Coronet today. Removed some more of the vinyl roof trim. There was about 2 pounds of silicone holding the trim on after taking all the nuts off.

002.JPG004.JPG005.JPG006.JPG007.JPG008.JPG009.JPG010.JPG011.JPG013.JPG

Started working on the brake system past couple of days. The brake fluid comming out of the lines looks like brown mud.

001.JPG007.JPG008.JPG009.JPG001.JPG002.JPG004.JPG005.JPG010.JPG012.JPG013.JPG015.JPG022.JPG

Awesome thread. Love those early 70's 4-doors. And it's really cool that you're getting your son involved.
It's amazing what you find when disassembling a 40 year old car. I started replacing a fender and wound up taking the car down to a bare shell.

My son did most of the work removing stuff. I have most of the new brake parts. Still have to get the long line from front to back and the clips that hold it to the floor. I'm sending the master cyl and brake booster, disc brake calipers and distribution valve to The Ram Man to get rebuilt. The distribution valve is the cast iron one and no one carries them anymore. I don't want some cobbled up distribution valve that will look like crap.

Great thread and great pics. Lessons in here for the resto of my '72 Satellite.

You going to keep the booster?? People more knowledgeable than me suggest it's good to ditch it....

Keep up the good work :)

I'm going to have it restored. Finally got the right brake line out. Had to loosen a intake bolt to move the coil because when coil was remounted they put the screw head facing the firewall. When removing the fight front brakeline coil may have to be removed. I removed the line by pulling it carefully from drivers side due to the bends in line. It's alot easier to remove that way.

002.JPG003.JPG005.JPG006.JPG007.JPG008.JPG009.JPG010.JPG

You sure have given that Coronet one heck of a freshening up. Should be rolling down the road like a new car!

You sure are doing all this right! You and your son will have a great classic when your done and the brake system is great work, Its cool to have one old car going down the road but its just as cool, or more, to be able to stop the old girl! Keep up the great work,,,,,, ENJOY!!! :)

Thanks I talked to the RamMan today. My parts will be shipped back to me next week. All nicely restored I want to replace the Torsion bars Since it's on jackstands now. But may have to wait until later. it has .88 bars in it now and I want to go to .096 bars.

Auto Transport Service
Back