• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

My 72 Coronet Project Empty Wallet

Got the brake valve in and got the front to rear brake line hooked up

View attachment 255200View attachment 255201View attachment 255202 008.JPG009.JPG010.JPG011.JPG012.JPG013.JPG014.JPG015.JPG

Nice brake line work. You definitely don't want to find out you have a hole in your lines when the person in front of you decides to stop on a yellow light.

Before when I would stop and be stopped for a bit the pedal would slowly sink to floor. Car would be stopped but pedal was on floor. So I decided to do the whole system. I thought I would make mechanicals good before starting on body. Not gonna be a Show Car just a driver and have fun with it.

Got the Calipers on and started to hookup the front brake lines. I took the anti rattle clip off . Was hitting rotor. Still can't figure out the right way to put this on.

001.JPG002.JPG003.JPG004.JPG005.JPG006.JPG007.JPG008.jpg

Between Tuesday and today I got the Brake Booster in and the Brake Pedal linkage hooked up.

001.JPG002.JPG003.JPG004.jpg007.JPG008.JPG

Attachments

• 005.JPG
    005.JPG
    107.7 KB · Views: 374
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 318
  • 009.JPG
    009.JPG
    171.4 KB · Views: 357
Got Master Cyl bolted up and the lines are now all connected. Even thought these were pre bent lines I still had to do some bending and tweeking them to fit. Especially the lines that go to the brake valve to Master Cyl. Now just have to bleed system.

001.JPG002.JPG003.JPG004.JPG005.JPG

Got the new Master Cyl on I bought from Macini Racing. It's bleeding good. Will take the other one apart once I get this thing back on it's wheels. I can't wait to see how it handles with the new .096 Torsion Bars

View attachment 263597

Making good progress on the brakes! I upgraded mine to disk brakes and I am glad I did. Also, upgrading the lines like you did to make the system safe and reliable is a real good thing, especially with today's crazy traffic.

Keep up the good work!

Hawk

Great work on your new brakes! Best investment on our rides we can have for sure, sometimes a pain to get all replaced but worth the time!!!

Saturday finally got the Column in car. Still have to bolt it in. Got a Steering shaft coupling clamp. Hopefully it keeps the cap on the coupler.

001.JPG002.JPG003.JPG001.JPG002.JPG

I noticed you have a cut code tag on your keys and was wondering if it's the original to the car or a reproduction? I had a Dart Sport that came with them and I had to have a key made when I locked my keys in the car. The guy at the dealership was very surprised to see the tag was still with the car and told me it was rare as these were usually destroyed or discarded. Very cool little addition to the car!

Nice job on the brakes. I just hooked up the brake pedal assy and booster/ m/c this weekend on my Coronet. Did you use Right Stuff Detailing for the hard lines?

I got the Ignition Switch and keys from Rock Auto. The brakelines are Right Stuff from Mancini Racing. Had to tweak them a bit.

Good stuff man, i wish i was as close to doing this, everything looks so new, clean and in order, brakes are so important, great work!!!

001.JPG002.JPG

- - - Updated - - -

Road tested it today. Stops alot better. The steering is still rubbing. So I will have to take the Collar off again. Also the linkage is off. It's not going into park all the way.

Auto Transport Service
Back