• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

my Saturday dripping faucet

davek

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
11:07 PM
Reaction score
Yep went to change cartridge and main body broke. Well Lowes didnt have it so I had to cap and wait till Monday for part. Joy Joy. Had to cut a hole in the bedroom.:BangHead:

P1020697.JPG P1020698.JPG P1020699.JPG

You might want to consider making a door or removable panel for next time.
Hey it's not dropping now!

Last edited:
Your luck with plumbing seems the same as mine.... The MIDAS Touch - everything I touch turns to ****

We have had trouble with the cold water faucet dripping in the kitchen sink, AFTER I had just replaced it.

This week I came home to find the faucet not dripping, until I used it, that is. Started dripping all over again.

The last person to use the faucet was my wife, so I fooled around until I found her secret--close the cold water faucet all the way, then open it just a hair: drip stops. Weird.

Had to change out a 32 year old 4 1/2" sink drain 2 weeks ago. Even with the right tools , job sucked! Had to cut the retainer nut with a cut off tool. I hate plumbing. The only thing I can add that's positive is I have a lovely "plumbers crack"! LOL :D
You have my sympathy! :BangHead:

I replaced all my tub/shower components yesterday. It is the first time a plumbing job has been problem free. I understand your pain, as at christmas time I had to get a plumber to fix my kitchen sink....ouch.

Being a Licensed Plumber, been there, didn't do that.
Cartridges can be a pain to remove depending on your water condition.

Dumbass told my wife 1/2" plumbing line in the house would be fine, when she suggested 3/4" (we are talking about cinder block/brick construction. Now some faucets have very weak flow and nothing we can do about it (except bust up concrete/brick).

The funny thing is, when I suggest a better way to do something, my wife stands her ground, but when an asshole stranger suggests an unsatisfactory way of doing something, she is convinced he is correct-*** backwards thinking if you ask me.

We have had trouble with the cold water faucet dripping in the kitchen sink, AFTER I had just replaced it.

This week I came home to find the faucet not dripping, until I used it, that is. Started dripping all over again.

The last person to use the faucet was my wife, so I fooled around until I found her secret--close the cold water faucet all the way, then open it just a hair: drip stops. Weird.
Been doing that for 2 years.

Only took 5 days to fix. :BangHead: NEVER AGAIN. I will hire a plumber next time.

That sucks. I put access panels everywhere there is plumbing for that reason. My leaks nowadays is from our newly adopted boy, doesn't know how to close the shower curtain or dry off before exiting the shower... or lift the toilet seat... or hit the toilet!! Piss and water everywhere:BangHead:.

Buy a Moen and have it for life. I hate replacing cheap ****.

I thought that also until I was replacing a 5 yo Moen faucet that sprung a leak
More overpriced Junk just like the rest..

I thought that also until I was replacing a 5 yo Moen faucet that sprung a leak
More overpriced Junk just like the rest..
What was the problem? Lack of proper tools or improper use of them? Only Moen that has been a problem was discontinues and parts no longer available = end of warranty. Any other time the problem was of my making or trying to solve one created by a customer.

I didn't originally install it.
It was leaking only when you turned it on thru the main body like something
Was cracked .
Might of been over tightened
As it was a real pita to get out
Instead of messing with it
Or bothering with Warranty
I just replaced it.

I didn't originally install it.
It was leaking only when you turned it on thru the main body like something
Was cracked .
Might of been over tightened
As it was a real pita to get out
Instead of messing with it
Or bothering with Warranty
I just replaced it.
They are all a pain to remove if allowed to leak to the point of corroding parts. Even cheap a** plastic ones. That's when the power tools come out a you do what's got to be done.

There are two grades of plumbing fixtures.
The good stuff goes to plumbing supply houses and the garbage goes to places like Home Depot and Lowes.
We toured a Kohler plant that made sinks and toilets, two different assembly lines running. One for the good and one for the guaranteed replacement stores.
If you go to a plumbing supply house with a part from a Home Depot or Lowes faucet they will tell you to go back to point of purchase for replacement parts.
Also the Model numbers from a supply house fixture are different than the H0me Depot and Lowes ones.

Dumbass told my wife 1/2" plumbing line in the house would be fine, when she suggested 3/4" (we are talking about cinder block/brick construction. Now some faucets have very weak flow and nothing we can do about it (except bust up concrete/brick).

The funny thing is, when I suggest a better way to do something, my wife stands her ground, but when an asshole stranger suggests an unsatisfactory way of doing something, she is convinced he is correct-*** backwards thinking if you ask me.
This will solve your water pressure problem.
images (14).jpeg
inexpensive and easy to install

All the pressure in the world won't fix the inability of a small pipe to have laminar flow. Any well system (or city water) should be at least 1" into the pressure tank / house to where the first feed is the hot water tank cold supply and there split to 3/4" to the tank and cold line main branches through the house. Same deal coming out of the water heater = 3/4" for all main branches with any walk in showers using the full 3/4 to the valves and other sinks / toilets etc feeds reduced to 1/2".

As for the OP's original post.. get rid of that CPVC pipe as well or one day you'll have more than a "drip" in that wall !

Auto Transport Service
Back