• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Name THREE things that you LOVE about your state !

Can't think of a dam thing that's good about Connecticut.
I was there in 2006.
Waterbury.
There are a LOT of towns with names that end in BURY.
It was green, I liked that. The roads seemed strange though. It was as if from high in the sky, God threw down a handful of asphalt and it just went every which way like a handful of cooked spaghetti.
No street lights and small signs too. GREAT for out-of-towners that are trying to find their way somewhere!

I was there in 2006.
Waterbury.
It was green, I liked that. The roads seemed strange though. It was as if from high in the sky, God threw down a handful of asphalt and it just went every which way like a handful of cooked spaghetti.
No street lights and small signs too. GREAT for out-of-towners that are trying to find their way somewhere!
They followed a wandering cow and paved the roads where ever it went. All of New England is like that.

I was there in 2006.
Waterbury.
I'm 5 miles from center of Waterbury. Did you see the clock tower in this picture? Picture taken from the top of the Mix Master (I-84 east bound).
DSC_0888.JPG

Last edited:
In my county the regulations are very loose, if you want to build a garage or house you just do it, no inspections no hassles. Cost of living is reasonable as well with plenty of jobs but the biggest draw is the beauty. Here in east central Ohio it's nothing but rolling hills and beautiful Forrest... I wake up and walk outside from spring through fall and just marvel at the beauty. Winter however lacks any sign of beauty unless the trees are covered in snow.

1. Great water sports- fishing, diving, sailing, perving on bikini clad girls
  2. Impossible to die at the hands of any animal or insect (except dangerous domesticated dogs owned by douche-bags)
  3. Excellent climate without the extremes of temperature - hot or cold, while still being able to ski in season, and get sun-burnt to a crisp for 9 months a year.

I guess that NZ does not have the hazards that Australia has??

CA gets knocked a lot for many reasons - and I do so myself from time to time. But there’s a plethora of natural beauty here and the weather is by far the best in the country. I love the diversity of people and have made many friends and learned a lot from all the variety of cultures. To put it politely you just have to learn to share with 40,000,000 of your closest friends.

The Wife has family in Arizona. I like the look of desert landscape but would not want to see it every day. Trees and green grass? I never get tired of that.

Great post Kern! I guess home is were you hang your hat, take off your shoes at the end of the day.
Some of you guys live in beautiful parts of the country. Were I live was like a smaller town in the shadow of one of the biggest cities in the world.
Everything changed with the completion of the expressway and the Verrazano narrows bridge opening back in late 1964. Eventually it changed into the overcrowded place it is today of 54 square miles with a excess of half a million people and roads designed for half the amount of traffic.
The good part is home values for people who bought years back, that's not good for young people today trying to buy a home.
The thing is work. The reason why NYC is what it once was is because of work. People moved here because we made everything, shipyards, factories, manufacturing, it all got done here. Then of course was the business end, so its easy to see how many jobs were available decades ago.
Today its a little different and many New Yorkers have moved away but NYC is still a place to make money if you have the drive.

Coastal Georgia :
(1) four seasons and winter is very, very tame.
(2) nice, polite people; and that includes the police, sheriff/deputies, and constables.
(3) property prices and taxes are not outrageous.

That being said, you and the Mrs will not like the hot and humid weather here. Also, we have four species of venomous snakes and many trillions of insects and spiders per square mile. Alligators are common.

Other parts of Georgia are different than coastal Georgia, but are nice too. For example, northern Georgia along the Georgia/Tennessee state line. The areas in and around Dahlonega, GA are nice.

Coastal Georgia :
(2) nice, polite people; and that includes the police, sheriff/deputies, and constables.

That being said, you and the Mrs will not like the hot and humid weather here. Also, we have four species of venomous snakes and many trillions of insects and spiders per square mile. Alligators are common.

Other parts of Georgia are different than coastal Georgia, but are nice too. For example, northern Georgia along the Georgia/Tennessee state line. The areas in and around Dahlonega, GA are nice.
Just gotta say that the southern drawl is just so soothing, have 6 cousins all living in the southeast region and it’s always nice to talk to any of them.

Coastal Georgia :

One more thing:
55797d5264702.jpeg

Rhode Island, just the beaches, thats it. Everything else just sucks more and more every day.

Newport is nice to visit, but just once.

Great post Kern! I guess home is were you hang your hat, take off your shoes at the end of the day.
Some of you guys live in beautiful parts of the country. Were I live was like a smaller town in the shadow of one of the biggest cities in the world.
Everything changed with the completion of the expressway and the Verrazano narrows bridge opening back in late 1964. Eventually it changed into the overcrowded place it is today of 54 square miles with a excess of half a million people and roads designed for half the amount of traffic.
The good part is home values for people who bought years back, that's not good for young people today trying to buy a home.
The thing is work. The reason why NYC is what it once was is because of work. People moved here because we made everything, shipyards, factories, manufacturing, it all got done here. Then of course was the business end, so its easy to see how many jobs were available decades ago.
Today its a little different and many New Yorkers have moved away but NYC is still a place to make money if you have the drive.

You forgot to mention that one of the cool things about where you live are the mob hits.

I can do far better than, just 3;

great car culture (despite the govt. & all that comes with the great climate.)
great parts suppliers, thousands of car related businesses/manufacturing
great racing & tracks (usually available 10 or more months a year)
great driving adventures (rural road trips, stay away from freeways, especially during commute)
great weather (pretty hard to beat Calif. for it's weather 7 of every 10 years, it's spectacular)
great golf & great golf courses (great weather is a huge part of that)
great sports state, professional & amateur alike
great fishing, ocean, rivers, streams/creeks or lakes
great hunting, an abundance of wildlife
great camping, an abundance of great campgrounds
great recreational activities & parks (partially because our weather)
great skiing, an abundance of great resorts (abundance of ski bunnies)
great wages/income (If you want to work, you can make a great living here)
the Pacific Ocean
great surfing (with beach bunnies)
almost a 1000 miles of great beaches (again abundance of beach bunnies)
great vast wide open rural spaces (most outsiders are clueless as to what Calif. has)
beautiful scenery (sometimes, as far as the eye can see)
great California Girls (scantily dressed 10-11 months of the year)
great awesome sites of Yosemite Valley (way too many tourists from everywhere else)
all of the mountains & rural Calif. (abundance of spectacular conservative people)
great agriculture (we have vast amounts of open farmland, dairy's & ranching,
all feeding the US or world, it's far more then the rest of the US or the world perceives
)
Most years I can wear shorts & tee-shirt, sandals for 10-11 months,
for 300+ days a year
Almost all my family is from here & most are still living here,
I'm from & born here, my family has been here for many generations...

the negatives are;

state income taxes
sales taxes (that don't get used properly)
Earthquakes (really are few & far between)
Shitty Maj. Politics (need I say more)
Hollyweird/Celebrity view points (that don't match most of Calif.'s residents)
higher cost of living than many places, less than others
too many illegals freeloading (politics)
too many panhandlers, welfare-ites in the inner-shitty (politics)
too many transients from elsewhere (that have screwed up the once great state)
poor water management (politics)
poor forestry & fire management (politics)
Media perceptions, people being clueless what California really is like,
they only believe **** the get fed by media or propaganda
IF you stay away from the bigger shitty's & politics, it's near perfect place...
If not for the corrupt politics, state income taxes & the inner-shitty's
crowded freeways (it's not like that away from them, out in Rural Calif.),
it'd be a far better place, just like it was for my 1st 40+ years here...
Most all the negatives are attributed to lousy leadership in our politics...

Last edited:
Out here on Long Island N.Y.
1) The ocean beaches are 10 min. away
2) The restaurants
3) The abundance of car enthusiasts, starting last week in March there are multiple car shows every weekend and cruise nights every night of the week. No Joke

Auto Transport Service
Back