• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

NASCAR it, sell it, or part it?

...and for the record, I'm in the same boat as the OP.

My 72 is a 1 of 503 car.

I can't decide what to do with it, either.

It could be repaired, but needs both quarters, dutchman, roof, lower cowl, one door hinge panel, and one fender.

I have a 71 runner that is one of 130 ish ? (or around there ,never cared) 340 4spd
and it is far worse and has less going for it then anything listed here
and I'm saving it.
why?
because I was told it was too far gone and I just don't have the heart to kill a runner
if it was a satty it would of been cut up long ago
thing is it is only parts and my time and I don't have to pay anyone to fix it
and metal work is my favorite thing to waste my time on.
don't care about the money
I could piss it away on hookers and beer
and only get a STD or liver disease in return
at least I will have something good to show for it....lol

Last edited:
flypaper you are a lot like me, I love the metal work, we can do it. We can make a car a solid rust free car. I admit I won't tackle stiff as rusty as generally found back East in the rust belt though. Buy it right to begin with for what it is and be able to at least sell and get your $ back out, maybe nothing for labor depending n the model and condition!
Like you said this is a hobby and if we spend out time on an old car and not hookers, we should get an atta boy!!
I buy my projects where I can get my $ back when I sell, I always seem to sell them off, other wise after 30 yrs playing with them I would have haw many sitting here!!???? lol As I spend $ on them, it always seem to get harder to get my $ back out, let alone anything for my work!!!

Auto Transport Service
Back