• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Need to valuate my 69 RR before sale

69roadr

Local time
10:56 AM
Reaction score
due to unforseen circumstances, i will be selling my 69 RR. It's an RM23H9E 383 4-speed car. looking here first to maybe get an idea of what i should be asking for it. i went on Hagerty's website, and from their #1-4 condition, i would rate mine as between 2 & 3. i've had it since 2005, and it has approx. 5,000 miles on the Dick Landy built 383. The block is not original, it's from a 70 Challenger R/T, and the tranny is an 18 spline unit from a 69 Charger R/T 440. paint and body was done by Restorations by Julius in 2008 as was the engine work. the car was stripped to bare metal, and found zero rust. the car retains all of it's original sheet metal, floors, trunk, quarters, etc.
unfinished areas: needs complete interior, seat covers, headliner, door panels. (have new carpet).
this is a "non numbers matching" 69 RR with an all original rust free body and undercarriage.
P4160765.jpgP6120232.jpgP6120231.jpg

Very nice car. I would encourage you to put a correct and new interior and radio in it before sale if at all possible as it will affect the value dramatically w/o

I have no idea what the engine is worth over a 383 built by someone else's reputable builder though or what work is in it

Nothing wrong with the wheels since you like them but stock style will appeal to more people who are looking for cars and clicking on for sale ads

thanks Tallhair. the reason i'm selling is due to my wifes recent operation, and i really don't have the money/time to put anymore $ into it. as of this moment, we are in Lima, Peru where she had her surgery, and i paid cash for that plus the 10 days she was hospitalized.
the 383 that's in it has a whole host of h.p. work done to it. haven't had it dynoed, but the car pulls extremely hard. a short list of work: eddy rpm heads. 10:1 comp, eddy "victor" intake, full roller valve train, trw pistons, speed pro rings, holley 750 vac. 2nds. hi volume oil pump w/ 6 qt. pan. hi volume water pump, original 26" rad. runs 180° all day. hi volume mech. fuel pump.

Very sorry to hear she had to have surgery but apparently she's doing OK or at least I hope she is .. you may not make much more by finishing the interior and buying new wheels and rubber but a smart buyer will hopefully appreciate what it is and snap it up quickly if you price it appropriately for the market.

Best wishes on her recovery and the sale since it has to be

Very sorry to hear about your wife I hope that she has a full recovery. Best of luck with your car. It looks like a very solid nice car.
Matt

Selling a classic car now days has turned into where and when to sell it.........if your not in a hurry and you want to try and get the most money for it I would take it to some local car shows and any all Mopar shows in your area (West coast is pretty much all year long) with a for sale sign on it but if you can Mecum (and others) will be having one of their auctions in Calif. this season.......those kind of places are where one can usually get the most for their vehicle.

Selling a classic car now days has turned into where and when to sell it.........if your not in a hurry and you want to try and get the most money for it I would take it to some local car shows and any all Mopar shows in your area (West coast is pretty much all year long) with a for sale sign on it but if you can Mecum (and others) will be having one of their auctions in Calif. this season.......those kind of places are where one can usually get the most for their vehicle.
great idea about the local car shows, thank you :)

Auto Transport Service
Back