• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

*NOT MINE - 1970 4 door Belvedere 3400 original miles

Mike Scully

Local time
2:13 PM
Reaction score
Uncommon car that is listed in Kijiji in Ontario. To view go to Kijiji, select Ontario, select classic cars, and then enter Plymouth Satellite. Not as nice as i would hope for 3,400 miles and is asking $7000 Canadian but is interesting to see.

Just a reminder to all - please put Craigslist and Kajijiji etc adverts in the General Forum to allow discussion, and PLEASE put up the text and a photo or two.
Thanks.

Make Plymouth
Model Satellite
For Sale By Owner
Trim BELVEDERE
Body Type Sedan
Transmission Automatic
Year 1970
Colour Green
Kilometers 5440
Drivetrain Rear-wheel drive (RWD)
Fuel Type Gasoline
No. of Doors 4
No. of Seats 6

70 Sat.JPG

I parted-out a twin to that car a few years ago. Good base for a cop-car.

3,400 miles...for the second time in its life.

When was the last time you've seen a 3,400 mile '70 Belvedere wearing slotted, black 1980's Mopar 15x7" police rims? Not quite the most pressing thing to replace after 3,400 miles.

Not to mention that the grill surround on the hood goes missing in picture #3, the wiper blades are missing, the left fender is dented, the speedometer lens has cracks in it uncharacteristic of a low-mileage car, and the crud stuck between the fake stitching in the seats suggests that driver and passenger spent the entire "3,400 miles" gorging themselves on crackers.

The interior on my 21k-original-mile '69 Plymouth Valiant was in better shape than this Belvedere when I found it. And THIS is what a low-mileage dashboard lens looks like - virtually invisible:

108er2b.jpg

Mind you, I don't have anything against the car (especially since I own it's 1968 cousin :) ), I love it, and given the right time, place, and price, I'd probably scoop it up and give it a big hug every morning.

Unfortunately, it the seller sounds like an opportunistic jerk who is - either by ignorance or knowingly - trying to take advantage of someone, right down to the "call for details" nonsense without a price tag.

EDIT: $7,000??? Just how much Barrett-Jackson and Mecum-branded marijuana has this person been smoking? Heck, I still consider myself screwed big time when I bought mine for $4,000; especially when I discovered after the fact that the 318 was a sludge-filled disaster with burnt valves (Note to unscrupulous sellers: Want to sell an old car with a junk engine? Pull the tailpipe and muffler off of it so people believe that it's just a matter of bad ignition timing).

-Kurt

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back