• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Not the official weather thread.....

Back in 2001 Tropical Storm Allison dumped 35+ inches on Houston over 3 days. I lost track of how much I got but remember dumping my 6" rain gauge at least 5 times. There was a couple of times where it was over flowing when I went to look at it. It was the only time in 37+ years that I started to wonder if my home was going to flood. There's county flood control ditch behind my place that's at least 75 feet wide and plenty deep enough that you can't see the mowers when they are in the bottom with things are dry....and they ain't small mowers either. Anyways, the water in that thing was almost even with the top. Hurricane Harvey dumped even more rain but it was more wide spread but the Houston area still got around 30". Harvey also had some lulls so the water has somewhat of a chance to drain off before the next downpour happened. Thing bad about Harvey is that it rained really bad in other areas that never flooded before.

They say your coast is being hit right now. Looking at that ditch running full would be impressive, but if it breached all of sudden, that would be a lot of water

Back in 2001 Tropical Storm Allison dumped 35+ inches on Houston over 3 days.

bskapb02z8ecl0b1bfgjpj6u0uia1wfxx2xov1evy&rid=200w.gif

They say your coast is being hit right now. Looking at that ditch running full would be impressive, but if it breached all of sudden, that would be a lot of water

The system just off the coast is fairly mild and I'd be surprised if anybody got more than five or six inches from it...

5 or 6 inches of rain? That's a summertime thunderstorm in Savannah, Georgia. :poke:

5 or 6 inches of rain? That's a summertime thunderstorm in Savannah, Georgia. :poke:
Yup. Same thing here. Some areas of town have got several inches of rain just with the afternoon showers but so far I've gotten less than 2" in the past two months.

I try to avoid flights into phoenix after 3 pm during summer monsoon season. Yesterday landed at 3. Dust storm right behind us for last 20 minutes of flight. Got off the plane to see the arrival/departure boards all cancelled or delayed.

C5F82EA8-8D98-41B5-BFFB-0722A549125E.jpeg

C5FE0F8D-203A-4972-A284-6CBE10B47EEE.jpeg

I try to avoid flights into phoenix after 3 pm during summer monsoon season. Yesterday landed at 3. Dust storm right behind us for last 20 minutes of flight. Got off the plane to see the arrival/departure boards all cancelled or delayed.

View attachment 1327941

View attachment 1327942
I quit flying in 76! You know those sand storms play total havoc on the turbines. Makes me wonder how those things survive one. Talk about a good sanding job to all the rotating parts.

We had this a month ago. Coolest rainbow Ive seen so far.

70D9084B-8912-4CC6-95F5-E53F08D6852D.jpeg

There are alot of stupid ones up here
:rofl: Maybe she's a newbie to snow? I grew up in the stuff so I learned to check out what I was about to dive into early in life lol. I remember the first time I sledded down a really steep hill out onto a frozen pond. Was real reluctant until I finally did it and it was Katy bar the door after that!

Can't remember the last time I came out to the shop and DIDN'T turn on the window fans! Had a low of 64 this morning right around 7 and it's hit 75 but it's 72 now with 35% and I would imagine the humidity will drop as the day heats up. Had 16% here yesterday and that's unheard of around this area! The talking heads say Ian is partly responsible for this....

Snowing now

Brrrrrrrr next week / Coldest air all winter

Might go down as thee WARMEST January in WI History

March is right around the corner

684219C8-39CA-4C29-BAD0-C41F13A2DEED.jpeg

Submit and I cleaned up 5" of snow in NH on Saturday and I came up today to clean up 14" of snow that came down yesterday. And it's snowing again now.

IMG_9657.jpg

IMG_9658.jpg

IMG_9659.jpg

IMG_9662.jpg

I see there was a Tornado in Pasadamndena Texas
I hope you Dale @Mr. Cranky is alright no real damage

Mother Nature is a fickled BITCH

it's 51* sunny, sort of a 5 mph cool breeze, totally clear skies,
no foreseeable rain or snow in the immediate future, 2 weeks out
Thank God (He trump'd Mother Nature, said; 'enough is enough bitch')

after 2 months of constant rain & snow,
we got like 64"+ by my rain bucket out on the porch
each time I emptied it, it had like 8"s of rain X8
all in 60+ days (we had a lil' snow prior to that too)
several 'feet of snow', several times too in the past 4-5-6 waves of weather
(300"s of snow in many areas, 20 or so miles upcountry, mostly above 7,000')
it was mostly too warm here, for the snow to stick around very long
pouring rain later in the evening or next day etc.
until that last storm, we still have remnants of snow on the North side
in the backyard (10*+ cooler in the back)
& we still have more winter to go, still the spring & next fall too

I'll bet we get 80"s total this full year, snow & rain combines/water levels
normal for here, is for a whole year is 41"s & 300 days of sunshine

my mood is far better without all the wet,
makes me feel better seeing teh sun too

Last edited:
Submit and I cleaned up 5" of snow in NH on Saturday and I came up today to clean up 14" of snow that came down yesterday. And it's snowing again now.

View attachment 1407722

View attachment 1407723

View attachment 1407724

View attachment 1407725
We had those same horizontal ice sickles on our cabin, I knocked them all down today before they punctured the window screens. Snowing HARD right now. Dog went out for 5 minutes and came in with a snow coat on...lol.

Auto Transport Service
Back