• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OOOoooooo NO!! The Red X is gone!!! I'm gonna go

Aaahhh... I maintain that you just proved my point! :) A mere red X would have been duly noted and depending upon the individual and their reaction, either shrugged off, made someone think 'I wonder why the red X?' or the recipient would have given the 'giver' a middle finger and proceeded on down the road. My 'explanation' has set up a conversation... not necessarily adversarial in this instance because neither myself nor Mr Hey-O are that upset about it all, but has caused conversation that most likely would have never occurred otherwise. Now, one might maintain - and I would not argue necessarily -that 'conversation' is good, clears the air and clarifies a position. Fine. But there is oft no need, and I think that on a forum such as a 'forum' - pardon the verbiage, but thats the only word I can come up with right now, its early - its not necessary. jmo.
I understand the point about throwing the red X around too freely - the example of 'blue' is apt. There are, unbelievably , people that dont particularly like blue cars. No, really, I know its hard to wrap your head around, but its true! Ive seen them.... OK, so a 'disagree' on a picture of a blue car is senseless, unless the poster specifically asks something like 'don't y'all think this car looks so much better in blue than red' or similar; at that point a disagreement is requested of sorts. The red X must be used judiciously. As stated, I found out early that the big red X is / was considered much stronger here than I assumed... one must learn the 'culture' to function as a 'citizen'. Much like you have 'mellowed' being in America! :thumbsup: [as an aside... I have been blessed to become friends with / acquainted with several Europeans {as well as a Kiwi and a few Aussies} and the Europeans I have or do know - and I include the British Isles and Scandinavia in "Europe"- to a person have said that they have been surprised at the friendliness, openness and 'mellowness' of Americans. So welcome Mr Hey-O :) ]
I must admit that my 'forum' participation is pretty limited personally - I'm not too computer-ish - save for a long stint on an English forum dedicated to American cars, hot rods and drag racing. There were no 'thumbs up, ' 'Agrees' or Red Xs there, and a couple of nasty conversations resulted that led to people leaving and one instance that bled over into the outside world causing some unpleasantness at a show... a simple Red X may have averted that. I don't know.
Red Xs appear to be a two edged sword...
We'll just agree to disagree on this one I reckon. And next time youre 'downtown' munching a Grandma's Cookie or two, hoist one to me , smile and think 'what an idiot that Guy Gadbois fellow is...':D
You read my comment and we can agree that you are not a idiot or I would be on your ignore list because of you being impatient with me and picking up your
marbles and going home. As far as I'm concerned, we have negotiated a successful resolution.... my friends call me Ulli, so that's what you should call me.

You read my comment and we can agree that you are not a idiot or I would be on your ignore list because of you being impatient with me and picking up your
marbles and going home. As far as I'm concerned, we have negotiated a successful resolution.... my friends call me Ulli, so that's what you should call me.
Not an idiot? To quote one of 20th Century America's greatest philosophers - Bugs Bunny - "He don't know me very well, do he?!?" :D

Not an idiot? To quote one of 20th Century America's greatest philosophers - Bugs Bunny - "He don't know me very well, do he?!?" :D
An idiot would have walked away, I stand by my comment. Be safe....Ulli

There is always going to be things we can't agree on. A red X starts a problem with someone by not explaining why. If I tell you you're wrong and say nothing more, nothing is solved, it's just the beginning of the next problem. I spent my life solving issues and the red X is a problem starter, not an answer. A red X may be because of the color blue, could be light blue or dark blue, explaining could stop a problem before it starts. People have me on ignore, not because I didn't explain myself, because they didn't like my opinion over their opinion. Those people have a problem they need help with, that's above my pay grade. I'm German and my head is as hard as a Celtics, but our personalities can mesh together, or not. I'm really very easy to get along with, being raised an American mellowed me. LOL......Be safe.... Ulli.
Does that mean you are very easy to get along with if someone agrees with you?!!! I am married to a purebred German. So I have some insight of your comments. Written with supposed humor.

How do ya pronounce Ulli? :poke:

Does that mean you are very easy to get along with if someone agrees with you?!!! I am married to a purebred German. So I have some insight of your comments. Written with supposed humor.
I can be a handful right or wrong. I have made more than my share of mistakes and I will never fight to the end if I'm wrong. When my wife gives me that look, I shut down, wheel hop can break everything. LOL

I’ve got to say, my 186 dreaded red❌es were badges of honor. I’ve read from quite a few who gave me some, how chicken**** they were, to give out. I gave out 5, just because I knew it would upset the person it was given to and that was their reply to me. It’s funny to me that now they think it was a lame way to respond. I guess my record could hold.

How can I give this a red X?...
Pssst....can I interest you in a bargain on a tee shirt?
red x shirt.jpg

I’ve got to say, my 186 dreaded red❌es were badges of honor. I’ve read from quite a few who gave me some, how chicken**** they were, to give out. I gave out 5, just because I knew it would upset the person it was given to and that was their reply to me. It’s funny to me that now they think it was a lame way to respond. I guess my record could hold.
It's always politics for you and politics and how I talk, spell and where I do it for me. Notice I post everything in the random picture thread. Till "Davey Jimmy" tells me to stop, that's where I live. I don't hate because of a view point in our jacked up government.

It's always politics for you and politics and how I talk, spell and where I do it for me. Notice I post everything in the random picture thread. Till "Davey Jimmy" tells me to stop, that's where I live. I don't hate because of a view point in our jacked up government.
:rofl:

I’ve always thought it was funny. Like a red ❌ means anything in the big picture. It’s like the people who talk behind your back, they either don’t have the brains or the guts to say it to your face, but they do cut you, any chance they get. I still think it’s funny, the ones who blessed me with them, are now writing how lame they really were. Take care, sir.

Auto Transport Service
Back