• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Opinions Wanted

Jerry Hall

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
4:21 PM
Reaction score
I'm thinking about adding a couple of options to my Superbird.
1 Wood grain Steering Wheel
2 AM/FM Radio
I realize they are easily changed back, but the car is 100% matching numbers, with the only exception of dealer added cruise control, with documentation. Will this add to or take away from the car?
20190425_172422.jpg
20220502_150210.jpg

I did the exact same thing to my numbers matching car knowing it wouldn't take long at all to change it back to original if needed.

I’d do it if it improves your satisfaction of it. Or you could keep the stock radio and have a conversion done (retain old board) and install a new wheel and just save the old. The wood wheel does look nicer. I have wood in my 68 and standard in my 70 RT.

It will cost you money to make the changes but I feel like it will not change the value of the sale price of that car up or down any

Keep the original parts and your good. Love the wood wheel

IMO - the AM/FM can only enhance the car even if not original to it. I’m still just a radio guy in my old cars - no Bluetooth or replica modern radios - just AM. But AM is pretty much a waste land around here so I put an Audiovox FM converter in my 67. Plan to do the same with my 66. If a 66/67 AM/FM in good condition at a reasonable price, I would probably jump on it. Original or not.

Like Rowan & Martin used to say..."If it feels good, do it".

A man that has accomplished all that you have in the Mopar world. Matched numbers means nothing when you're gone, you own it, make it yours. Do it, NOW!!........... Ulli

There's not much that would make that a nicer car, but a woodgrain wheel would.

For tunes, I just throw a bluetooth speaker on the back seat and stream from my phone. I like my original stereos but there is no content on AM and I'm not a fan of all the repeating commercials on FM.

Do you offer tours? I'd love to explore your garage! :thumbsup:

I Love the factory wood grain wheel in my '68 Road Runner. You would not be doing anything you couldn't easily undo. Keep the original parts stored. Truth be told, I am a "numbers guy" when it comes to my '68; I highly value and appreciate original cars. I can't see how your mods would detract from the value when you have the originals. BTW your Superbird is beautiful! You own my favorite Mopar...

Four of my GTXs had factory wood grain wheels, three did not. Go with the wood grain. You won't regret it. Your Superbird is awesome as is, but the wood wheel will enhance it.

There's not much that would make that a nicer car, but a woodgrain wheel would.

For tunes, I just throw a bluetooth speaker on the back seat and stream from my phone. I like my original stereos but there is no content on AM and I'm not a fan of all the repeating commercials on FM.

Do you offer tours? I'd love to explore your garage! :thumbsup:
Looks like you are a long way from me, but come on down.

had a 70 roadrunner with the basic plastic wheel, but my gtx has the original woodgrain wheel, much nicer in my opinion, also had an am radio, 3 watts i think, replaced with retro sound 40 watts per channel, at least I can hear it at 70 mph with all the windows down!
Do it, life is short, a couple of hours it's original again, no big deal.
I always say, it's just a car.....having said that...what a beautiful car indeed!

IMO: Easily removed, drastically increase enjoyment and appearance of car. Go for it. Perhaps added value as long as the original parts stay with the car.

Who would dare question the FBBO Godfather?
8ia7bx.jpg

Do what you wish respected elder!

Auto Transport Service
Back