• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Parts car question

cbodybob

Local time
9:40 AM
Reaction score
C907840F-0D86-4872-9CB4-6FDC388E00D0.jpeg
Ok I found a 66 Belvedere in the woods. The property owner said he will sell me parts from it. It’s a convertible. I plan to grab a few items. It’s WAY back in there & the path leading to it practically destroyed from recent heavy rains & off road vehicles so I’m not going to drive my Ram in there. I’ll have to walk so limited tools I can take. I was thinking about the windshield frame & top latches. Are they worth pulling. I can take a cordless saw & a small tool bag.

A fella would be well understood if he was to think "I want the whole car", I'd believe...

Rag top frame if in good shape will be worth the effort...

View attachment 1037669 Ok I found a 66 Belvedere in the woods. The property owner said he will sell me parts from it. It’s a convertible. I plan to grab a few items. It’s WAY back in there & the path leading to it practically destroyed from recent heavy rains & off road vehicles so I’m not going to drive my Ram in there. I’ll have to walk so limited tools I can take. I was thinking about the windshield frame & top latches. Are they worth pulling. I can take a cordless saw & a small tool bag.
Worth saving the entire car, IMO, but I don't have to spend the time or money pulling it out.
I would grab anything convertible related, top bows, switches, windshield frame and latches, rear body panels (if different from coupes).
Again, I'm not doing the work. Good find and good luck.

Worth saving the entire car, IMO, but I don't have to spend the time or money pulling it out.
I would grab anything convertible related, top bows, switches, windshield frame and latches, rear body panels (if different from coupes).
Again, I'm not doing the work. Good find and good luck.
I have a big C body operation & that keeps me quite busy so I’ll just pull what I can from this one.

Your in NC; don't know anyone from Bragg? I'll bet they could get a Chinook in there to sling load that sum bitch out in a hurry...

driver's fender and door don't look too bad.

Your in NC; don't know anyone from Bragg? I'll bet they could get a Chinook in there to sling load that sum bitch out in a hurry...
Don’t know a sole there anymore. Back decades ago though....

As a 66 Ply Sat owner, that there shell isn't worth it at all IMHO. Move along and forget about it. Besides it is way too far in to the area it sits and that in itself is a large problem. Just sayin' is all...cr8crshr/Bill:usflag::usflag::usflag:

Looks pretty parted out. How about the long Body side trim on the quarters? It’s 2 door only. The tail ends are a slip fit and same as a 4 door. Door trim also.

Top latches are reproduced, so if they are pitted up probably not worth it.

I don’t see wanted ads for the windshield frame, but may be worth it.

Is the top mechanism any good? Does it move or rusted solid? It’s pretty heavy to carry.

How about the top pump, cylinders and lines? Gone already?

Quarter glass and regulators? Door glass?

Rear bumper? Front is twisted on the end.

EDIT: wiper motors that have been out in the weather are junk.one of the rebuilders had a post and they aren’t worth the time to take apart. Full of rust on the inside.

Last edited:
Front bumper, wiper motor, side trim, jack parts and quarter windows if they're there.

What I can see of the quarter panel looks pretty good.

Also no fender dog leg or corner door rust that usually happens when they get to be too far gone.

OK, can't really see dog leg or door corner....

What’s is worth ? I looked it over & it looked ok except one spot of rust on one lower pillar. But I’ll check it closer.
I'm looking for the front part of the convertible top frame.

$75 plus shipping to 10516 if it has no rust through. Most do.

When my brother and me used to part cars the price of parts reflected how many times we got stung getting them.:lol:

Auto Transport Service
Back