• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Picked up a low mile 440 today.

Is your flex plate on backwards? Should be able to see the SFI sticker when it is in the car? Just double checking.

that sticker was not on the flexplate until I stuck it on there. The flexplate is marked engine side. And well, that side went towards the engine. :)

Ok just looking out for you. Trying to save some headaches down the road. I couldn't tell from your pics. Typically the sticker goes on the front so it can be seen with the dust shield off. Good luck on the run stand.:thumbsup:

I might be wrong but you may have the wrong water pump pulley on there. I believe it should be a single groove and a double groove crank pulley which you do have. Inner groove is alternator and water pump while the power steering goes on the outer groove of crank pulley.

The engine and pulleys are from an RV so its possible they are for an AC setup. Instead of trying to locate used ones that will cost more money I chose to use what it had on it. They are in rougher than I would like condition but they seem to line up good.

If you run an auto trans case to support the converter, what will you use to lube the bushing that the hub of the converter runs on? I also think the easiest way is to just get a regular flywheel to start it up with. If your starter plate clears the wheel ok, don't see any need for a bell unless you just want it for safety sake.....

Alternator alignment to rear groove. Outer groove lines up perfect with power steering. Im guessing the empty groove on the crank pulley can be used for the rubber band I will need to wind it up.

IMG_2018[1].JPG IMG_2019[1].JPG IMG_2020[1].JPG IMG_2021[1].JPG belt routing..png

Last edited:
Did some measurements.. Will need 23 1/2 inches behind the block to the trans mount center line. I had 18 but slid the engine up more on the dolley. Now I have 21 inches and can make a 2 inch flat piece to mount it to. Now i have just enough room for the mustang GT electric fan and possibly a radiator as long as its no more than 3 inches thick. Otherwise I have to extend the dolley out more to make up the distance.

This would be a lot easier if a car showed up in my driveway.. lol Maybe I should start a go fund me... But only for an old *** dilapidated car hull.

Well was able to finally get the 727 up on my table to drop the pan to find out what was going on with it. Apparently nothing is wrong with it. When it was in the roadrunner I put it in reverse and heard a "tink" sound which to me sounded like something hitting the pan. After dropping the pan i found nothing in the pan. The trans fluid that was left was like new and was in good shape. I checked both of the adjusters thinking the front band strut was what fell out. That was in place and secure. So now i just have to get a new filter and gasket and close it up. I will re adjust the bands just to make sure thats all good. Also modified my run stand to hook up a transmission to it. So hopefully in the next week or so I can fire it up to break in the cam. I just need a radiator and a fuel tank of a sort. I do need to get some sort of exhaust hooked up too.

transmission 2.png transmission.png

Also added new plug wires, thermostat and oil dipstick. Was not pleased with the ebay dipstick and tube. I had to modify the lower portion that goes into the block it was too fat to fit in the hole. I had to sand it down to get it to fit. Still have no car to put it in.. :(

Not really much by way of updates.. However I did yank the water pump housing off to help out a fellow Mopar brother. Could not get the steel plug out of the top for the Sniper EFI temp sender. After I swapped the water pump housings I was able to drill it out and repair the hole. I did manage to get the front mounts of the run stand changed out.. Also sort of went through the 727 and checked what I knew to check and it all looks good. So buttoned it back up and will soon move it to my garage and hook it up to the 440. Then its on to finishing up the engine run stand. But have another project I need to get done so I can get back to work. Toyota Tacoma frame swap..

Here are those pictures.
IMG_0058[1].JPG
IMG_0059[1].JPG

This is the good frame cab and bed removed ready for the scrap yard. I'm a one man operation... So don't laugh at my redneckery..
IMG_0057.JPG

The rear truck has a bent frame and has the steering all jacked up.
Here is a picture of the cab lift..
IMG_0073.JPG

Here is the wrecked Toyota before I took all the damaged parts off.
GXKQ4391.JPG
HDRG2662.JPG

OK got side tracked on the Engine.. Was out of work and in need of cash flow. Thought I would have to sell the 440 but things worked out in my favor. Anyhow was able to buy something to stick the 440 in. Its not a B body but going to be a fun project. I need lots of parts but hope someone here has a parts car that might have the parts I need. Anyhow. Here she is. Its a 318/904? Has a really nice Edelbrock Torker 2 340 intake on it. I'm not interested in the engine and trans. But they are original to the car. If anyone needs them let me know. It turns over with the starter. It is not locked up. Included pictures of the Engine and run stand. Getting closer on that too. Just need to make a harness for power. Then fire it up and break in the cam. Oh and the Tacoma finished product.

IMG_0389[1].JPG
IMG_0383[1].JPG
IMG_0384[1].JPG
IMG_0386[1].JPG
IMG_0357[1].JPG
IMG_0397[1].JPG

IMG_0355[1].JPG
IMG_0356[1].JPG
IMG_0159[1].JPG IMG_0160[1].JPG

Last edited:
The 1972 Dart/Valiant/Scamp/Swinger has no glass or door interior parts. What I need is everything for the doors and quarter windows. I also need a rear bumper and front and rear glass. It did have a rear glass but lets just say the haul home was eventful.. It was there and then it wasnt. lol Priority is to get some glass back into the car.

Last edited:
I havent updated in a while. I am working on the electrical for the run stand now. I have a electric fan, Carb fuel pump and start button ready to go. Next will be the coil and ecu and it should be ready to fire up.. God its been a while since I put this thing together. I just bought new trans lines so it doesnt spew trans fluid all over the place. I'm also going to hook up the alternator and voltage regulator to charge the battery while I break it in. I'm waiting on those items to be delivered. Once I get them I will make a video of the first run. I also need to make a pre-oil rod to spin the oil pump. I know I have to turn the engine over too. Because of number 4 cam bearing holes.

My gas tank is my IV bottle aka Snapper riding mower tank,

IMG_0483[1].JPG IMG_0484[1].JPG

You need to go to forabodiesonly.com fer hep.
I want a B body but have an A that I bought on the cheap.. I have an account over there too, A/B not much difference except under the hood is smaller. Pretty sure you are referring to parts.. But a mopar guy is a mopar guy chances are someone here has an old A body rusting away in their back 40..

Auto Transport Service
Back