• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Pics and info on my Charger Rallye survivor project

EscapedfromNY

Local time
11:31 PM
Reaction score
As promised, here are a few pictures of my first survivior. I decoded the mystery of the strange trans cooler. It was "borrowed" from one of the Military bases in the area. It is an aircraft oil cooler stamped "U. S. Property". BTW, I sent an email to Graveyard Motorz, the new dealership Worman is supposedly starting, and they asked if I would sell them the car. I think it's a keeper.
No tag on rear, but it is not sure-grip (crap), no rust around the windshield or rear window (bueno), floors very solid. Original owner says Tuff wheel was red, but it was destroyed by the N.C. sun (like the rest of the interior) the black one is a replacement. Don't know for sure. Last registered in '85. Have all original paperwork, and the original keys which are almost worn smooth. Have a bail bond receipt when the original owner was arrested in 1987 for numerous V&T charges including ficticious plates (which are still on the car 1980 vintage). 101,953 on the odometer.

car 1.JPG car 2.JPG car 3.JPG car 4.JPG car 5.JPG car 6.JPG cooler.JPG build 1.JPG build 2.JPG build 3.JPG

Cool charger to see one complete and minimally molested with....

However, definitions of survivor differ greatly....Once things have to be changed or repaired to make it operable again it is no longer a survivor......

Maybe ole GYC will pony up to continue to cover his pavement......

nice looking charger keep us posted on your progress

I'm really digging the aircraft oil cooler!

Nice charger . Are you interested in selling it or possibly trading it ? I have cash or I have an extremely cool military deuce and a half convertible model big flat bed 6x6 multi fuel diesel with the Whistler turbo truck runs and drives great is tagged and insured I daily drive it .
No special licence required to drive . I seriously will trade I could help with getting it to you say drive it half way or the hole way if needed .I love that charger it will match my 72 rallye that I'm restoring now . Please let me know . If the truck doesn't excite you give me a number and I'll see if I can swing it . Hopefully you see this soon because I'm probably going to buy a 73 hard top charger fri .
P1070795-20170419-223945965-20170426-174610500.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back