• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Progress on my '62 Savoy Wagon

62savoywagon

Local time
12:37 PM
Reaction score
Been real busy on the Savoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehocRHIU8_U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THR79AcDZ9U

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Caxjsfl4YXg

Went to install a new master cylinder today and the pushrod is to short! Now it seems to be held in with just a rubber gromit. Before I go yanking on it (and risk breaking something) it should just pop out....right? I was just going to swap out push rods and call it good if this will work. Finding a singe pot master these days was a challenge! I'll eventually convert to a dual master, just not right now (I need to get all the disk brake stuff first)

Last edited:
Hey where's the rest of your engine? Just kidding. Your having way too much fun:tongueflap:
Preview your post dude, it's showing another Utube next to it and it sounds good but I can't see it. Also I can't read all of your question:grin:

Bleh! Not sure why it's displaying funny....looks fine on preview! There's three videos For some reason, the text shows up beside the vids instead of below :shruggy:

Roger that...I'm on a netbook...it's a PITA to cut 'n paste on this thing. Typing is a bit of a challenge as well (my fingers get real stiff & sore after a day of wrenching......arthritus sucks)

Cool 62 wagon. Rock auto has the single pot master cyl if you still want one. I got one from them myself.

Cool 62 wagon. Rock auto has the single pot master cyl if you still want one. I got one from them myself.

Thanks!

I got one from the local Kragens. I actually got an intelligent parts gal, she dug through an actual BOOK to find it. Came in the next day but has the wrong length pushrod. It's too short. My initial query was asking if I could just swap out the pushrods. Found out that, yes, I can.

You don"t have to tell me anything about the "Big A":eek:lder OS: Looking good on your post now! Gotta love those '62s:grin: Thinking about going over mine mechanically for safty and just driving it for now...Got the "itch" real bad:doggie1:

Hey 62 , Nice looking grader.

I agree.............looks like you're having way to much fun.:rolling::rolling:

Saweet wagon, you may want to check out the Slant Six forum, lots of friendly and super intelligent slant gurus there. http://www.slantsix.org/ Good to see that figured out that you can re-use your brake pedal pushrod. I am not a fan of the single pot (widow maker) master though. I've converted to a manual dual pot on all my old wrecks that haven't gotten disc brake conversion. It's a real easy upgrade, well worth the small effort.

Saweet wagon, you may want to check out the Slant Six forum, lots of friendly and super intelligent slant gurus there. http://www.slantsix.org/ Good to see that figured out that you can re-use your brake pedal pushrod. I am not a fan of the single pot (widow maker) master though. I've converted to a manual dual pot on all my old wrecks that haven't gotten disc brake conversion. It's a real easy upgrade, well worth the small effort.

Pat,not to hijack this thread(sweet wagon),but would you be interested in divulging more details on this swap on another thread? Or,has someone covered this in a previous thread/post? I'd like to know,as well as a bunch of other folks,I'm sure. I have the single pot,and just looking at it and hoping it'll stop the car scares me.

Pat,not to hijack this thread(sweet wagon),but would you be interested in divulging more details on this swap on another thread? Or,has someone covered this in a previous thread/post? I'd like to know,as well as a bunch of other folks,I'm sure. I have the single pot,and just looking at it and hoping it'll stop the car scares me.

I would be surprised if this topic hasn't been discussed before here since it seems like a common upgrade. Here's the jist of it. The donor master needs to come from a car that has the same size drums as yours and of course non power. I think my last one was matched with a late 60's Coronet but don't quote me on that.
With the single pot system, the rear and front lines join at a splitter and go up to the master as one line(4 holes). For the rear, just disconnect at the splitter, add a union and a fresh piece of brake line with appropriate fittings to go up to the new master. The rear line usually goes to the forward most reservoir. The two front lines can stay where they are in the splitter with a plug going where the old rear line used to go and a new line going up to your shiny new dual pot master. That's basically it. I think I re-used my old pedal push rod as well.
You can move this to a new thread if you want but it seems like too much thinking after working a 14 hour day. I hope this helps some.

It's beer thirty :soda1:

That thing is crying for a big block...

And I have several 383 blocks laying around....but I'd like to drive past a gas station a few times before filling it back up!

The Slant 6 is staying put :grin:

At some point, probably drop in an A500 4spd (or equivalent) auto. Probably a set of 3:55's when I replace the rear end. Fuel injection sometime down the road. Rebuild the suspension and make it handle good.

A nice fuel sippin cruiser that handles nice in the twisty's

Most of my daily commute is on rural highway at 55-65 mph. I don't need to feed a big block (as fun as one would be) at $3.50 or more a gallon.

Got h new master cylinder installed this morning. Brakes still need to be bled, but the pedal has some feel to it now.

Auto Transport Service
Back