• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Saw my dream car at HAN. Not a Mopar.

And if you only like cars but want a 4x4 we got that too!

143636-be46dfbd5c796e9f88b393deb450ca37.jpg

Thank you for posting Mark. It is a cool *** car for sure. Let's use our newly learned word in a sentence. Aaron, stop being a Quimbecile. Thanks Kiwi :thumbsup:

They called me the king of the red necks for that one! But what do you do with a twisted firebird and a k5 frame you have laying around? The fire bird was a twin turbo drag car years ago and the clk frame would touch on one side and was almost 8"+ gap on the other side ! It took some effort to get the body welded down flat to that frame it was cool !

Thanks for the lesson on a new word, it's what I thought it meant. I kinda have to agree, but if you have problem with something like this, then you are NOT a car guy! I'd be all over this!
View attachment 637296

I have seen some ugly engine installations in my time. A 460 ford in a 57' Belair hard top. Now that was just uncalled for. :moparsmiley:

Ferrari 250 GTO 'IS THE' most sought after collector car in the world, even well over its final Victor's, the Cobra Daytona Coupe & the GT-40. WELL OVER!
Only 35 or 39 entirely hand built, purpose built race cars, which Enzo selected the buyers. Each example varies in nuance from one to the next. One car a couple years ago @ auction brought 52 million, there is rumor that in a private sale, another one brought 70 plus million. They are AWESOME cars, one side of the legendary LeMans battles between Enzo, Henry Ford, Caroll Shelby & protégés of.
The car pictured here is a 260Z, frame reinforced for small block V8 power of choosing. It is # 3 of the original Alphabet body kits, that came with OEM Ferrari trim packages. Enzo sued Joe Alphabet out of business, sent agents to try to find all the kits sold to purchase back the OEM trim kits, puzzled that Alphabet could even have gotten his hands on the OEM trim,, remember, LESS than 40 250 GTOs built.
The car pictured, & another 240Z with body kit #2 belong to a Friend in Az & I did a lot of the work on both back in 1983, when the Alphabet kits first appeared. Marty hit the road to socal 2 days after I showed him the original article in Kit Car magazine.
That said, the roadster pictured does appear to have a Z dash & I don't recall Ferrari having produced any 250 GTO roadsters, they were all coupes far as I know, as Photon said.
The GTO is ART!! Comparing 100% hand built cars to mass produced cars, IMO, is frankly, dim witted.

20160321_111947_resized.jpeg 20160321_112525-1-1_resized.jpeg 20160321_174311_resized_1.jpeg

Cobra Daytona
You know?
A few were Junked/scrapped in England in the early years
WHY?
Ford did not want them, introduction of the GT40 replaced them!

I think a couple were scrapped in the ocean
Ken Miles talks about this in his book.

Auto Transport Service
Back