• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Share your positive experience you had with a company

I installed a 2-1/2" TTI dual exhaust kit on my Plymouth and was very happy with it. :headbang:

Herb's Parts

I have to take a minute to give some major customer service prop's to Herb's Parts. It appears that I now have the extreme fortune to live down the street from them. I stopped in the other day to pick up some motor oil and a filter from them. This is the first time I have used them, so I wasn't aware that they were primarily a mail order business. Regardless, they made the time for me. They treated me like I was the biggest customer they have when I was only there for oil and a filter. Herb showed me around their shop where they had there ongoing projects, took an hour with me to talk cars and about mine. Took the time to show me his personal cars and memorabilia and just share his overall love of MoPar. That kind of customer service just blows my mind and is near unheard of for me. He just earned a customer for for life and whatever referral's I can offer him.

I just ordered a '74 Charger wheel molding from Metro Parts Company in GA. First of all, they were willing to sell me just the one I needed, and not force me to buy a whole set like other suppliers I'd talked to. The part wasn't cheap, but I got what I paid for-nice looking molding which fit perfectly, and was cast the right way right here in the USA. It arrived quickly and undamaged, and didn't bend like spaghetti when I put it on. Would buy from Metro again in a second.

Now the Green Monster is complete! Thanks, Metro Parts Company!

A shout out here to Legendary Auto Interiors. When I ordered the seat covers for the SF,the piping was incorrect in one spot. Called them,explained the situation. They had the covers picked up at my place,shipped back to them,repair done,and sent back to me. AT THEIR COST!!! They will get my biz for all my interior needs;plus,their product is MADE HERE!!! Excellent quality product,and great folks to deal with.:headbang:

Ditto. My whole interior seats ,door panels were from there. Quality second to none. PLUS MADE IN AMERICA.

Feedback on supplier Classic to Current Fabrication

Hi guys. New to forum. This thread is a good idea, post both good and bad experiences with suppliers, repair shops ect.
I'm currently looking at various sheet metal suppliers for fixing floor pans, lower quarters and such. (69 GTX)
I've seen many of you have preference for AMD and Sherman parts.
Anybody have any experience with Classic to Current Fabrication (c2cfabrication.com) parts? I've seen significantly lower prices there, and parts have some degree of guarantee.
If anyone has had bad experiences with this company, please post.

Follow up on my previous question (quoted here).
Ordered three parts from C2C Fab., 69 battery tray for GTX, driver side front floor patch panel and passenger side 3/4 length floor panel.

Shipping was quick, but there are issues.

Michael at C2C said all parts would be "e-coated black".

Only the battery tray was coated.

Driver side patch panel about as expected (except not e-coated as stated).
Passenger side floor panel looks to be a second quality stamping (also not coated as stated). There is a place in the panel, about 3/4 of the way back on the tunnel side, that looks to be formed incorrectly. Luckily, I don't need all of the pan and this area can be cut out.

Other beef would be this: In the various e-mails I sent and recieved replies to from C2C, they seemed to indicate that the parts were parts of theirs, not someone elses.

Imagine my surprise when the parts arrived, complete with a Sherman Auto Parts sticker on each one! :angryfire: (I was trying to cut out the middlemen and order from the manufacturer if possible.)

One thing I would say is don't rely on the website photos to be an accurate deptiction of the part you get, but this is probably also true of other suppliers.

Here are the prices paid at C2C:

part # 171-40L (front left floor pan patch panel)
$86.56 (C2C price, Sherman web site shows $95.00)
171-46R (front right 3/4 length pan)
$122.69 (C2C price, Sherman web site shows $195.99)
171-69 (battery tray)
$17.43 (C2C price, Sherman web site shows $33.99)

So, long story short, I saved maybe a hundred bucks with this order over the Sherman prices, and got Sherman parts (although one or more of them may be a second).

However, I will not likely order from this supplier again. This is partly because of the perception of scamming, and partly because they did not correctly tell me that the floor pans were not coated.

Had C2C told me that the 3/4 pan was a second, I might have ordered it anyway to get the lower price, but they did not.

My conclusion on this supplier is that this is just someone who has put up a web page and is ordering drop shipments from the real supplier (in this case, Sherman Parts).

Anyone doing a restoration, or even just a fix up, does not need to be buying parts from a middleman who is just adding cost to the parts. Parts are expensive enough without that added burden, and it doesn't add value to the finished priduct.

Y'all have a great day, and I'll post some photos of my project a little later after I've organized some to post.:cya:
JR

David Radcliff over at Roseville Moparts. Over and over again I get treated like I'm his biggest and best customer and I know I am nowhere near that. I don't even shop around anymore because I have never once found a better price on anything I've bought from him/them. Not only that but I can walk in there with a laundry list of needs from heater cores to brake parts to a gas tank and he rounds everything up for me and I STILL pay less then I would if I went after each part myself. I save money and equally as important I save my time.
Ditto on the Legendary Auto interiors, great stuff!

Another recommendation for Legendary Auto Interiors... ordered rubber floor mats for the Green Monster. Although they took over a month to get to me since they were custom, the wait was definitely worth it! Well made in the USA!

Thanks, Legendary! :hello2:

Attachments

• IMG_1031.jpg
    IMG_1031.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 355
  • IMG_1032.jpg
    IMG_1032.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 365
I need to give Dave Tays from Woodgrainwheels.com a recommendation.

I was looking for the parts for my 1970 steering wheel. I have had great success with Year One, but they didn't have the parts I needed. I emailed Dave and he responded right away.

My parts came quickly and were just what I expected. Nice stuff and with all the parts I needed, including three small screws I needed to attach the horn switch the the steering wheel. I know three small screws are no big deal, but these little touches made it so I had absolutely everything I needed to attach the parts to my wheel - no hassles, no surprises. Nice...

I would say personally I had a benefit because there didn't be a uniform. There was only a rule it has to be smart causal.

Passon

Picked up my gear set & parts from them at the Indy. swap meet. Great & friendly guys to talk to. Will buy from them again.

Good customer service

If we're talking customer service, I had a good experience with TSR Racing. I was looking online for a seal for my transmission and stumbled across their website. I was just looking for a single seal as opposed to buying a kit. I called and the guy I spoke with offered to drop one in the mail at no charge. It showed up in my mail a couple of days later. I thought that was a real stand up thing to do considering I never bought anything from them. If I need real tranny parts or a performance transmission down the road, I hope to return the favor and give them some business.

OK;a shout out to Classic Industries on this one:

Ordered new transmission lines and 3/8" fuel lines for the Sport Fury. Other than a couple of tweaks,the trans lines went right on-they were also easy to snake around the motor mounts and such. Still had to make a couple of bends to clear the headers(that's cool;they were designed for a stock vehicle),but I am PLEASED! I'm thinking that the fuel lines should go on just as easily.

Since they responded to us by getting more Mopar product out there,it's only right that we support them! Good products,folks;check them out!

Stay away from Classic Auto Air

I have had a very poor experience with Classic Auto Air. I had a complete system for a 68 Dodge Charger sent to them, less the compressor, and they initially lost my package. I requested a complete restoration of good factory parts and what I received was aftermarket items. They lost many of the items that were sent to them and claim they never received, and claim they shipped me items back that I was billed for and I never received. They have called me a liar and are unwilling to resolve the matter to the point I need to take legal action. They have refused to answer the question as to where my original items, they claim they did receive, actually are. I have asked 5 times directly and they will not answer the question. There are several other posts from other people on other sites about similar stories. BEWARE!!! It is the very worst vendor I have dealt with in my years of car restoration. It is sad people cannot be stand up and do the right thing. :angryfire:

Good to know, I was looking at usng them for the Air system in my '69 roadrunner. Its uncalled fo that they won't handle your situation in a better way. Good luck.

Chargermoneypit, If I were a scurvy person, I might take your parts and sell them to others as "correct", and say "I lost your parts". Then offer aftermarket replacements.

This is probably well known at this point, but Year One is so insanely overpriced that I have to write about it. I'm looking for a set of 73/74 tail light lenses... lowest I've found for excellent shape is $270/pair. Year One is selling sets for $500. That to me is price gouging, and I'm not going anywhere near them because of this. Grr.

Just an FYI on the ongoing battle with Classic Auto Air. I submitted a formal complaint to my bank and they denied the claim because CAA denied they had done anything wrong. Gee, really? I don't get this revved up about too much but they ripped me off plain and simple and they know it. I will now be filing a formal complaint with the BBB and the Florida Attorney General. I will continue until everyone who will listen knows what they are about. In other words, I will be a thron in their side as much and as long as I can. I even requested a $500.00 refund to pay for all the lost items and that didn't even cover it. I would have gone away once and for all but they have been complete jerks about the whole thing. Just thought I would let it be know one more time that they should NOT be on the preferred vendor list for anyone who cares about their stuff.

Last edited:
PST delivers!

Talk about great service, The UPS man just dropped off my strut rods, less than 24 hrs. since I ordered them. Free same day shipping, 10% off for FBBO members, and $70 off close out parts, whats not to like. Thank you PST!:headbang:

Auto Transport Service
Back