• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

She only wanted one nut......

Cranky

Banned Henchman #27
Staff member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:19 AM
Reaction score
but wanted several yesterday. Getting ready for winter and the way the last couple days has been, I'm thinking it's here already. Was 55 this morning.....and yeah, she comes into the shop to look for me if I don't have anything outside.

IMG_20230928_083745657.jpg

You were standing in the shop with your disassembled Colt Challenger.22LR when the squirrel showed up?

You were standing in the shop with your disassembled Colt Challenger.22LR when the squirrel showed up?
:rofl: Nope, it's together but if I shot her, I'd have to skin her and cook her for lunch....

Wildest thing I ever saw a squirrel do up here:
Looked out the front window one day to see a BIG squirrel (come to find out, it was a fox squirrel)
sitting on the deck railing, standing tall and looking like he owned the joint.
He then proceeded to clamp onto the top board of the rail, swing under it upside-down and commence
gnawing on the damn thing!
Keep in mind, this is all pressure-treated, the old kind that still had arsenic in it...
I come out the door out of concern he was gonna poison himself and instead of running, that rascal
stood back up tall at me and puffed out his chest, chattering away at ME!
Dude got some attitude, I tell you what.

Same story here, eats out of our hands now
View attachment 1540969
Looks like that one has been eating well! The one in the pic will take food from my hand but one day she got a small piece of my finger so I don't give her that option anymore....and I thought prairie dogs had sharp teeth and claws lol
I thought you were talking about your ex-wife.
:rofl:
At one point she had both!
Wildest thing I ever saw a squirrel do up here:
Looked out the front window one day to see a BIG squirrel (come to find out, it was a fox squirrel)
sitting on the deck railing, standing tall and looking like he owned the joint.
He then proceeded to clamp onto the top board of the rail, swing under it upside-down and commence
gnawing on the damn thing!
Keep in mind, this is all pressure-treated, the old kind that still had arsenic in it...
I come out the door out of concern he was gonna poison himself and instead of running, that rascal
stood back up tall at me and puffed out his chest, chattering away at ME!
Dude got some attitude, I tell you what.
So far the ones around here are mostly skittish and no tudes.

This thread is getting a little squirrely, but I like it!!

They are fun to watch. My late dad used to feed them until one chewed the soy based plastic fuel return line off his cherokee. :rofl:

So far the ones around here are mostly skittish and no tudes.
I tell you what, these fox squirrels got tons of 'tude - crazy looking things.

IMG_0858.JPG

BIG. I guess they call them "red"?

20230903_075558.jpg

Keeps my 80 yr old mom busy & happy. Not too fluffy tail, so HOPEFULLY mild winter.

"As the story goes, the bushier a squirrel’s tail, the more harsh and cold the winter will be" from "thisismygarden.com"

On the internet so must be true!! :lol:

We now are being infiltrated by these guys. And they have major attitude.
Stock photo - not the tree rats in my woods:
black-squirrel-bar2.jpg

They have taken over both the grays and the red squirrels and drove them off.

Auto Transport Service
Back