• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Show us your FACE, your CAR and explain your screen name!

Around 2000 a guy I met a man who had just bought a 66 Hemi Coronet.. Running, driving, decent looking paint, no rust... 14K... What has happened in the past ten years is just hard to wrap your head around....

I use to really like playing with the old Mopar's cause not allot of guys were & you could find them pretty cheap.... Suddenly all us guys that have played with them forever can't play anymore...

In 2000...got this one for 8k, purchased at Carlisle and drove it back to VA, over 6hours......Triple black RT, 30k mile survivor......Then one car I kicked myself repeatedly for restoring.....However, it was at the time when survivors were not even considered and cars were to be restored.....Here is it after restoration....

View attachment 831537

Gorgeous!!! Sorry I see the survivor stuff, I'll look & appreciate but I still would much rather have a freshly restored car.... Even if it does make me nervous to drive it...

Do you still own the Charger?

Around 2000 a guy I met a man who had just bought a 66 Hemi Coronet.. Running, driving, decent looking paint, no rust... 14K... What has happened in the past ten years is just hard to wrap your head around....

I use to really like playing with the old Mopar's cause not allot of guys were & you could find them pretty cheap.... Suddenly all us guys that have played with them forever can't play anymore...
1989 I could have bought a 1967 Hemi GTX for 12,500. Running and driving, numbers matching. I passed to put the money into my 71 Challenger R/T that I cut up into a race car. :(

Agreed.....I am actively searching for another restoration candidate.....I am searching for a rare, original sheetmetal, complete type of car....Unfortunately, they are either "not for sale", the old I will restore it scenario or crazy pricing which makes it nonsense to drop the coin on.....

I'm fairly certain I've responded here before.. for "DadsBee", but I had tried to bring BirdsandBees here but someone had already registered that name and then never used it, negating me being able to carry the handle over to FBBO.

Birds and Bees... and my Bride of 37+ years. The Bee was my Father's (and I'm 57), the Bird I've had since Feb 1990 and the Wife is a GF I've had since 1979 ! All are in fine shape! :)
beeandbirdcruisesept12019 011.JPG
beeandbirdcruisesept12019 019.JPG

I'm fairly certain I've responded here before.. for "DadsBee", but I had tried to bring BirdsandBees here but someone had already registered that name and then never used it, negating me being able to carry the handle over to FBBO.

Birds and Bees... and my Bride of 37+ years. The Bee was my Father's (and I'm 57), the Bird I've had since Feb 1990 and the Wife is a GF I've had since 1979 ! All are in fine shape! :)
View attachment 831544 View attachment 831545
Show off!! :lol:

View attachment 831544 View attachment 831545
Wayne...I wonder just how many "wing car" owners can show a pic of their wife driving one.....That was classy!

well its the first vehicle i was tot to drive and learn i did . and yes its still here after me learning to drive init . that was a while back , that i learned to drive at 14 years of age , in dec of 1969 . oh ya i pic of me . i let it all hang out on fabo . i'll save you guys n gals from that sight .View attachment 831454 View attachment 831455 View attachment 831456 View attachment 831457 View attachment 831459 View attachment 831461 View attachment 831462 View attachment 831463 View attachment 831464 View attachment 831465
you look like Gary McCord
the ex touring Pro & golf channel comedian/commentator

:lol:

Budnicks - sorry to go slightly off topic; but remember when the 'Masters' funks banned McCord from commentating? I recall he said something like the greens were 'bikini-waxed'. Oops...wow that was too much for the lofty tourney to handle! Golf had guys like Trevino, Chi-Chi, Fuzzy, Stewart (departed young in a plane crash), among some others giving the game some friggin personality. I had memorable encounters with Trevino and Fuzzy when following them at tournaments. Once I coughed quietly trying to be, well quiet, standing along a tee before Lee was going to tee-off; he came over to me with a cup of water asking if that would help me sporting a big grin on his face. Another time Fuzzy hit a terrible shot under a large tree at a course I played (public course where the Milwaukee PGA played for some years) and jokingly asked if I played here and how he should hit the shot. Few years later, it was sad to see how he got royally screwed just making a joke about Tiger winning...what he might have for a celebration dinner. He lost several of his sponsors and Tiger I think could have done much more to nixe that fallout. Kinda like the old NFL players who were just regular guys before it became just business. Ok, back to the point of this thread gents, sorry!

Budnicks - sorry to go slightly off topic; but remember when the 'Masters' funks banned McCord from commentating? I recall he said something like the greens were 'bikini-waxed'. Oops...wow that was too much for the lofty tourney to handle! Golf had guys like Trevino, Chi-Chi, Fuzzy, Stewart (departed young in a plane crash), among some others giving the game some friggin personality. I had memorable encounters with Trevino and Fuzzy when following them at tournaments. Once I coughed quietly trying to be, well quiet, standing along a tee before Lee was going to tee-off; he came over to me with a cup of water asking if that would help me sporting a big grin on his face. Another time Fuzzy hit a terrible shot under a large tree at a course I played (public course where the Milwaukee PGA played for some years) and jokingly asked if I played here and how he should hit the shot. Few years later, it was sad to see how he got royally screwed just making a joke about Tiger winning...what he might have for a celebration dinner. He lost several of his sponsors and Tiger I think could have done much more to nixe that fallout. Kinda like the old NFL players who were just regular guys before it became just business. Ok, back to the point of this thread gents, sorry!
yep it was a far different era, some real characters

PGA players, even young guys, are too robot like today

I still like watching them boom the ball 350+

back to regular programing

but my first b body was a 66 sat commando 383 4 spd 8 3/4 ls 3.23 in high school , second was my 69 rr 383 auto , ect.... been a slue of b's , there was a 63 fury sfgc , 63 fury , 63 polara , two 64 fury , 64 polara , 65 sat commando , 66 charger , 67 charger , 68 rr , 68 gtx , 69 rr , 69 gtx , 69 coronet r/t , 70 charge r/t , well ect........for now its just two 63 fury's , 65 sat commando , 69 rr . but always on the lookout , lol .

81354373-FAEB-4F34-920E-2D422A177719.jpeg
403906DA-C28E-4C30-992F-F95407A775DE.png
My name is Bill with my wife of 33 yrs Kathy, screen name Under Pressure is my all time favorite ZZ Top song.

That IS a great song, Bill! Nice pics - great car, too!

Here's the Belvedere. It doesn't get out much since we got the Satellite.

20150920_161346.jpg

The Satellite

Image-1.jpg

And my very first car in high school. Wish I still had it.

Dave IPhone 11-22-18 001.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back