• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Suppose you just won $10,000 from a lottery scratch ticket...What would you do to your car?

At today's pump prices.....probably blow the $10k on a full tank of gas.....might even be enough change for a pack of chewing gum also. :thumbsup:

Fill up the tank and buy a new set of tires. After taxes that mediocre size jackpot might cover those 2 things.
if any money was leftover, I’d buy some beer.
Now if I could win a 7 figure jackpot, that might buy me something interesting….

Since I pulled out the engine a couple weeks ago, ten grand would be really welcome right now!

A tank of gas and a glove box full of groceries. That should about take care of it!!

At today's pump prices.....probably blow the $10k on a full tank of gas.....might even be enough change for a pack of chewing gum also. :thumbsup:
How much is gas there?

How much is gas there?
Going up every few hours. These are per/litre prices...... one litre equals a C.H. over one Quart.

NZ Dollars prices.... one NZ Dollar equals US$0.63 at the current rate.....

Screenshot_20220624-163513.jpg

LPG = roughly US$3.80 per US Gallon

Screenshot_20220624-163452.jpg

Our 98 octane is roughly US$9.02 per US gallon

Screenshot_20220624-163442.jpg

Our 95 octane is roughly US$8.80 per US gallon

Screenshot_20220624-163432.jpg

Our 91 octane is roughly US$8.20 per US gallon

Screenshot_20220624-163424.jpg

Our Diesel is roughly US$8.06 per US gallon

Gas prices have backed off about 15 cents over this past week.

Going up every few hours. These are per/litre prices...... one litre equals a C.H. over one Quart.

NZ Dollars prices.... one NZ Dollar equals US$0.63 at the current rate.....

View attachment 1303423

LPG = roughly US$3.80 per US Gallon

View attachment 1303424

Our 98 octane is roughly US$9.02 per US gallon

View attachment 1303425

Our 95 octane is roughly US$8.80 per US gallon

View attachment 1303426

Our 91 octane is roughly US$8.20 per US gallon

View attachment 1303427

Our Diesel is roughly US$8.06 per US gallon
Wow, and people are bitching here? I figure your taxes are higher there. How much has it gone up in 2 years? Thank you!

Wow, and people are bitching here? I figure your taxes are higher there. How much has it gone up in 2 years? Thank you!
Pretty much doubled over the last year.

Taxes make up about 70% of the cost at the pump. And we pay Road User Charges based on mileage for Diesel vehicles.

Pretty much doubled over the last year.

Taxes make up about 70% of the cost at the pump. And we pay Road User Charges based on mileage for Diesel vehicles.
That road user tax isn’t on top of the regular tax, is it?

I worded that wrong. I meant diesel on top of the regular tax, sorry.
Diesel attracts the normal taxes, but is exempt from a couple of taxes that other fuels have built in. On top of the pump price, we pay an additional Road User Charge based on mileage.

10k wouldn't go to far in my garage, but if given the opportunity to spend it on one car,and overdrive transmission, 4 wheel disc brakes and a set of wheels would chew up 10k pretty quickly.

Auto Transport Service
Back