• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Taking Up New Residence

Ok, what does it look like with park brake and signal lights going?
I the first video, I had the parking lights on the whole time. I hit the brake and you'll see both top lights get brighter. Then holding the brake I turn on each turn signal. (Probably a better effect if I would have left the parking lights off.)

Looked at both videos again is the whiter light brakes and red parking? I'd like brake and signal come out of different lens. Parking/running lights on all four lights , just the way I'd want it. Can it be done if you want it that way? Love that 62 still kick myself for selling the one I had.

Looked at both videos again is the whiter light brakes and red parking? I'd like brake and signal come out of different lens. Parking/running lights on all four lights , just the way I'd want it. Can it be done if you want it that way? Love that 62 still kick myself for selling the one I had.

Here, this is better. (Factory wired, parking lights off)

Here, this is better. (Factory wired, parking lights off)

Makes it clearer. Wonder why factory didn't have brake lights on bottom and signal top and have all 4 lit with park/running lights on? More wire I bet.
Your doing a fine job!!

Makes it clearer. Wonder why factory didn't have brake lights on bottom and signal top and have all 4 lit with park/running lights on? More wire I bet.
Your doing a fine job!!

This is the Polara, backup lights above the bumper. The Darts are different with the backup lights on top of the bottom taillight or not at all. I think the 440 dart was another configuration. I could wire it almost anyway that I would want. Sequential from top to bottom? Lol

Craziness for only having this design for one year!

Thanks for the compliment!

How about a orange set?

These are original to the Aussie '62 but there is a guy who repops them also
http://www.classicplastic.com.au/product/62-dodge-rear-indicator

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Kid, I like your custom setup better! Much more visibility and safety . Should have been done that way from the factory! My 2 cents.
I'm going to wait until I get the front ones installed and working. Then I'll check the amp draw to see if it's within tolerance.

I'm going to wait until I get the front ones installed and working. Then I'll check the amp draw to see if it's within tolerance.
LEDs have very little amp draw. You’d have to change your flasher to one compatible with LEDs. (I know, more money. Where does it stop?) Been following your thread. Thanks.

LEDs have very little amp draw. You’d have to change your flasher to one compatible with LEDs. (I know, more money. Where does it stop?) Been following your thread. Thanks.

I'm not much on the led look. I don't even like them for the house!

Who makes up these packs of parts that don't have what you need? Idiots!

The hood bumper in the red circle is my original. Don't see anything even close.
View attachment 529918

The hood adjusting rubbers are too big for the screw head.
View attachment 529919

Received the bumpers that I needed. Ordered them from Classic Industries. The side hood ones are a little beefier than factory and that's ok!
20171027_132914.jpg

Original bumper
20171027_132618.jpg

Classic Industries
20171027_132645.jpg

Also ordered the ones for the tag plate from Mega Parts
20171027_120353.jpg

20171027_120815.jpg

I'm not much on the led look. I don't even like them for the house!
Really??? I've been swapping everything to LED at the house and notice a much clearer and brighter light that last much longer and draws less juice.

LEDs aside, your doing a great job on this one:thumbsup:. I also like the dual light setup, smart thinking.

I think it's the harshness of the light that I'm more sensitive to. (Been welding all of my life) I like a softer light. I've been in shops that decided to install mercury vapor lighting and I hated the harsh light they put out. They cast such a sharp shadow on things. Like the leds, they're brighter!

I know, more money. Where does it stop? NEVER!

Found a manifold gasket leak that I didn't know about. The carb must have leaked down and a bit of gas found its way through a gap in the gasket. I noticed the carb tuning wasn't that sensitive so I guess there was a vacuum leak.
20171029_110052.jpg

I used the engine hoist and a piece of rope to lift one side at a time, (leaving two loose bolts in the opposite side) installed a paper gasket on top of the pan gasket to take up the difference in the mating surfaces. It wasn't very much, looking closer, there is a little more gap at the bottom of the manifold flange. Heads measured stock so maybe the block was surfaced at one time.
20171029_110123.jpg

20171029_121230.jpg

20171029_121906.jpg

20171029_123720.jpg

I re tuned the carbs and they are more sensitive now. Funny how things happen when they do. I'll be addressing the carburetor issue soon...

Auto Transport Service
Back