• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

That great feeling 70 Roadrunner

drodg58

Local time
9:39 PM
Reaction score
My 1970 Roadrunner 383 B5 has been sitting since January. Got in it two days ago and fired it up on the first try. With a temperamental Holley it was such a great thing!

Every spring when I fire them up for the first time I'm thrilled if they cooperate and start without any issues.

Every spring when I fire them up for the first time I'm thrilled if they cooperate and start without any issues.
I will try to get some pictures this week. The Roadrunner is kinda new to me & I have also a 65 Coronet 500 383 4bbl but it is a Carter carb and quite a bit more forgiving on starting.

Here it is sitting on my showroom. It is a mostly original paint 383 pretty much a true survivor. Automatic. Deluxe bench seat.
70 Roadrunner.jpg

I like your car, AND your showroom!

I have a 65 Coronet 500 that I have kept on the showroom too but it will be heading to my house.

I got home a little early on Wednesday, and my dirt road was almost dry, so I too fired up my 70 B5 car and took it out for a ride. It’s been a long winter, with nothing but the plow truck to drive. Not nearly as fun at the bird!

3A6261E6-F722-4036-AB02-9EA21C0EF91B.png

I got home a little early on Wednesday, and my dirt road was almost dry, so I too fired up my 70 B5 car and took it out for a ride. It’s been a long winter, with nothing but the plow truck to drive. Not nearly as fun at the bird!

View attachment 1257261
Nice 70 Looks a tad familiar.

Auto Transport Service
Back