• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

the first round of pictures now that the '70 Coronet 500 is home.

SteveSS

Local time
10:45 PM
Reaction score
As you remember I bought this car in January 2022 down in Las Vegas, New Mexico. We hauled to my son's property southwest of me and where he has a few acres. since he was coming for Easter he brought the car up. This is the first real look at it since I bought it. Being in New Mexico its whole life it is essentially rust-free. Conversely, the interior has been roasted from the sun. It's a 383 and although I'm showing the fender tag I haven't decoded it yet. This is going to take a while so be patient. All I know about the motor is the oil looks good and it turns over. The car actually looks better in pictures than it does in real life. If anyone is a pro at decoding go ahead and take a stab at it.

I think I'll have to wipe the bubbles off the tag and take another picture. I am having some trouble.

cor1.jpg

cor2.jpg
cor3.jpg
cor4.jpg
cor5.jpg
cor6.jpg
fender1.jpg

picrre

Last edited:
Hey Steve, when you get a chance, do you think you could post the casting number of your intake and numbers on the 2bbl carb please? Cheers

And 70’s lol
We had a 69 when I was growing up. The reason why I’m here. The Dukes of Hazard sort of helped.

Sure ChargerJase. I'm going to power wash it tomorrow. It's weird but the bumper rub strips that go along the side of the body are actually riveted on. I wonder if it was a factory option? Those are going to be the first things to go.

Last edited:
I've always liked the '70 grilles. I know it's polarizing but I just love, love, love the 70 front ends. It is so menacing. I also have a history with this car I've told you before. My friend Terry in high school always had the coolest cars. His dad owned the Mopar dealership in town. I think it was 1975 when he had a '70 Super Bee in copper with a white top and interior. I don't remember which engine but it had the pistol grip 4-speed. It was jacked way up in the back with huge tires and wheels. Gawd, I've always wanted one. I would bump into Terry in later years at college then in a large city. About 15 years ago I heard he had killed himself. He always seemed like a happy guy. So here's to you, Terry!

mutant.jpg

Last edited:
Sure ChargerJase. I'm going to power wash it tomorrow. It's weird but the bumper rub strips that go along the side of the body are actually riveted on. I wonder if it was a factory option? Those are going to be the first things to go.
Nice one, thanks very much for that Steve. If you are going to Super Bee clone it and want to sell any of your 500 specific parts, please let me know. I also love this body style and love my car. So glad I managed to get one when I did.

Codes from what I can read/find
D32 - heavy duty automatic transmission
DY3 - paint, Cream
G33 - outside LH remote racing mirror
C55 - bucket seats
C21 - center front seat cushion
A05 - protection group
A04 - basic radio group
DY3 - paint, Cream (one code for upper body, one for lower)
M21 - roof drip rail mouldings
M25 - wide sill mouldings
M31 - belt mouldings
R11 - AM 2 watt radio
V5X - black body side moulding

I like the car. Nice find!

Since they don't make any exterior sheet metal for those cars except for rear quarter skins,finding a rust free car is a huge score. Since the car is a 500,it would make a great 70 Coronet R/T clone.

Chargervert. That's what I was thinking. I'm still learning about the difference between the trim levels on the '70 Coronet. I guess the taillights on the 500 and R/T are special. I didn't show the driver's door but it has a pretty big dent. I think I can get a skin for it since it's the same on so many b body models.

I found the E code on the plate. 383 2-barrel. I would guess that's the original engine in there.

ChargerJase I power-washed the car today and I tried to take a picture of the 2-bbl manifold. So far this is the only casting number I saw but since it ends with 70 I bet it is a date code. Plus a pic of the fender tag without all the bubbles.
cor8.jpg
cor9.jpg
cor10.jpg
I still don't know what D6T5, FT6 910 071766, M61 mean.

70 is my favorite year for the coronet/bee, something about that color I like, it’s a good color even though it’s not over the top or fancy. Congratulations on your purchase!

ChargerJase I power-washed the car today and I tried to take a picture of the 2-bbl manifold. So far this is the only casting number I saw but since it ends with 70 I bet it is a date code. Plus a pic of the fender tag without all the bubbles.View attachment 1448566View attachment 1448567View attachment 1448568 I still don't know what D6T5, FT6 910 071766, M61 mean.
Steve thats fantastic, thanks very much for that. I should be able to cross reference it in my parts book. Would you be able to give me the Carb numbers as well too please when you get a moment? Much appreciated. Jase

D6 = Deluxe Vinyl Bucket Seats
T5 = Saddle Tan (Seats)
T6 = Dark Tan, interior upper door color
910 = Sept 10th Scheduled Production Date
071766 = Vehicle Order Number
M61 Where do you see an M61.....
I see an E61 which = 383-2bbl

Auto Transport Service
Back