• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

This off another site

dart4forte

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:51 PM
Reaction score
for those who knew him, Ben Snobar from up in the NW passed away yesterday. Thought those who knew him would like to know.

I'm always sorry to hear of any passing but Ben Snobar burnt me years ago on a 69 Barracuda conv after flying up to Olympia and leaving a deposit on it. He was going to haul it to a local show (near me) that he annually vended at for additional gas money. As of the night before, he was supposedly all packed up and coming down. I rented a truck/trailer to take it home from the show. Long story short: He was a no show and ducked my phone calls for 3 months. It was after literally calling and faxing (scheduled elec faxing) him multiple times everyday for 3 weeks saying that I paid to go up there to look at it and leave a deposit and I would buy another ticket to fly back up and knock on his door in person. Told him I wanted a bank money order just like he requested of me but of course, he sent me a personal check (and that arrived 2-3 weeks after that). Interesting thing is that I found out who he sold the car to and it was for a bit more money than we had agreed on. Again, I feel bad but excuse me if I don't shed a tear. I'm not very fond of greed in our hobby.

Sad news indeed. The few times I had ever spoken with him, he was always very cordial...and knowledgeable.

Condolences to his family and friends.

RIP

Auto Transport Service
Back