• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Time to hit the Track.

I hereby appologize for derail of Malex's thread, it wasn't intentional. Lets get back to the racing!
Mike, your car is gorgeous with the supers, leaves like everyone wishes theirs did! Continued good luck and great work. John.

Any good news for us bench racers from you malex.

Doug how about you how is it going with your ride.

Doug how about you how is it going with your ride.
Back together 2 Fridays ago. Went to the 1st race that Saturday and won. Gave it away in rd 2 Sunday. Had the tree .029 to .065. went under by .015. Had a delayed 1/2 shift issue causing 7500 1/2 shift. Talked to a few of the best trans guys on the planet. A few valve body mods (trans is still in the car). Going back together today. Car ran decent for the air condition's 1.265/[email protected]/[email protected]
Doug

Nice keep it up pretty soon going to need a drag chute to slow that rocket down.

Any good news for us bench racers from you malex.
----
There's been no news on the racing front over here due to last weekends 2-day meet being completely rained out.. For next weekend the weatherman says 40% chance of rain, hoping that changes.

Since last raceday I've added jet extensions to the back bowl of my Dominator. I should have had those right from day 1 I'm told, didn't know, chalk another one up to inexperience.
I'm told that at 1G the fuel in the back bowl is at a 45 degrees, rear jets can be out of the fuel. Will be interesting to see if this makes a difference next time out. I have noticed sort of a flat spot at the top of 1st and 2nd, not always though, but we shall find out.

I also had a new set of lower ball joints sitting here, (wrong ones shipped for my Dart last winter) so I installed those for something to do. Also pulled the dana cover and checked things out, all A-ok there, car is shined up top and bottom, ready to go again.
Hopefully next weekend we can get back at it.

have you talked to the rain gods and ask nicely to cut the crap out. don't they know its racing season

have you talked to the rain gods and ask nicely to cut the crap out. don't they know its racing season
——
They’re against us all the way.
But I did find a G force calculator. I can see why jet extensions are req’d

3AB04DA6-15F6-4CC8-98CE-F869B5D5C3DC.png

nice back in the day use to call the extensions ( elephant ears). would put them on to force the fuel in the tubes of carbs is what i was told. some guys liked them especially at the tall end of the track. some guys had trouble out of the hole but always believed myself was the air fuel mix at the line was wrong. some of the guys also set the float way up to get as much fuel as possible on take off so the engine wouldn't stumble on 2nd shift or as a fade out on rpm's.

It's time to hit the track again, finally. Rain is likely going to ruin another weekend but a guy's got to go and hope! So far this year we lost a full test & tune day and 2 race days already, due to rain. Buddy Wookie will be there too and we're both hoping the clouds steers clear of us.

Not too many changes on Old Gold since last outing. Jet extensions installed into the rear of the Dominator is likely the biggest thing so we'll see how that does. For 2 years we've all been working on improving the Plymouth and we've got to the point that it now runs in the 10,0's, 10.0 is it's legal limit. The bigger challenge now is working on me, consistency and losing those red lights... Any ideas? I slowed the trans brake button down now, let's hope that helps.

Launching at 3000 has been netting 134 60's. (sure liking Ladder Bars!!). I did turn the RPM up to 3400 for one pass last time out and it went a 130 60' and 10.02. Planning on going back to 3400 and will see how that works this weekend. I did bolt in a weight box in the rear too, have some ballast with me just in case..

Ready to head into the trailer, hope the clouds fade away for the weekend.
IMG_1024.jpg

Running my Hoosier 29X12's from last year. Wear holes show 7/32's in the centre and 6/32's on the outside holes. These tires last! And once these wear out I have a set of Hoosier 28 X 10.5 Stiff sidewalls from last year to bolt on. Mr. Gaines had great luck with the 10.5's on his Coronet, will put those to the test yet, likely in August.
IMG_1026.jpg

Back to the steel heavyweight hood! Sure looks better too. Hope to go some rounds this weekend gang.
IMG_1027.jpg

Following your every thread.....lol....Mike

PS...I sold my 65 Belvedere already. Went to a good home in New Jersey. Slated to receive a Ray Baron Hemi and go into the 8's.

Got my eye on a 68 Dart to purchase now.

1.jpg 3.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg 7.jpg 31a.jpg 37.jpg

good luck this weekend hope the rain gods go to the next county.

go gettem mr. gaines sorry to see the b body leaving but a body will be great also

Following your every thread.....lol....Mike

PS...I sold my 65 Belvedere already. Went to a good home in New Jersey. Slated to receive a Ray Baron Hemi and go into the 8's.

Got my eye on a 68 Dart to purchase now.

View attachment 795007 View attachment 795008 View attachment 795009 View attachment 795010 View attachment 795011 View attachment 795013 View attachment 795014
I

Seen it for sale on RJ but was waiting for you to announce it before I commented... good luck with the dart

good luck this weekend hope the rain gods go to the next county.
----
The day was great today. Air was not good though, by mid afternoon it was up to 4200' The 64 worked great, consistent 135, 136 60's @ 10.09's. Only got 2 test runs and into eliminations, met up with Wookie and that was it. I cut a .020 red and he went on for the win. Actually, on this run against Wooks, my time slip said that I ran a 9.66! And no MPH! What the hell. Regardless, I lost the race before it started.

Tomorrow is a new day, will keep at it and things will turn around at some point.

Auto Transport Service
Back