• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Time to hit the Track.

Malex, Sorry I missed you when you were in town. Maybe next time.

Last edited:
Looking good as always. Now you see why mine runs the front shocks full tight.
Doug

Malex, Sorry I missed you when you were in town. Maybe next time.
—-
No worries 65. It was lots of fun. The guys were great, gave me a prime pit stall up in the reserved area. One things for sure, everyone there loved the old Plymouth hanging them high. Nice town too!

Looking good as always. Now you see why mine runs the front shocks full tight.
Doug

No kidding. I was set on 10 of 18. On the rebound. And my hockey puck bump stops sure came through again, no pan contact.

No kidding. I was set on 10 of 18. On the rebound. And my hockey puck bump stops sure came through again, no pan contact.
28 out of 28 clicks. Sending them in to get tightened this winter.
Doug

Well our track has reopened after 3 months and swapped sanction back to ANDRA , lucky i have 2 sanction lic and tech :mad:. So time to get aiming for the rest of year . My transbrake trans isnt quite ready after some issues , got my A1 vert rebuilt as well hadnew mechanical diode fitted etc , so stick with foot brake . Will be T&T on 5th Nov and club 1/8 mile day 4th Dec . Then a long weekend road trip 2nd weekend of Dec .Racing the Summit Super Series Sportsman round in Portland Victoria . Never raced this track but several mates say its really well prepped and i should enjoy it . This will be a 13/14 hr highway trip , only the next state . Fuel prices are on the up here at the moment $1.90 L for 98 . And its spring time , so its getting warmer .

Tex

Tex, have you tested your car a to b, transbrake versus foot brake? Is it quicker 60 ft or full track, or about the same?

Tex, have you tested your car a to b, transbrake versus foot brake? Is it quicker 60 ft or full track, or about the same?
.Tbrake launch is 4000-4500 foot brake currently is 1500 but needs to go to about 1800 . It will sixty a bit better off the brake 1.42 best with Pro bracket radials . Foot with PBR is mid/high 1.40s , Hoosier Radial slick foot is 146/1.47s . But in saying that i think the Tbrake vert was going away and A1 changing from normal type sprag to mech diode agrees with that . The "service" cost almost as much as when i bought it new .
Now the footbrake vert is about 5000 stall , Tbrake was close enough to 6000.
If you look at ET my footbrake PB is similar to Tbrake , see signature BUT remember the difference in launch rpm. My last 2 times out i can compare the PBR to Hoosier and the Hoosier was faster and quicker . Though the track seemed extra nice on last event . 2nd last event with PBR it was mid high 10.30s , Hoosier mid 10.20s to i think a 10.32 .
PBR is 29.9" Hoosier is 29.5" tall both 10.5 . PBR on a 10" rim Hoosier on 8"

Tex

Thanks Tex! I like to try to get a to b info when I can.
Mine was very similar. 5000 rpm plus off the brake, maybe 2000 footbraking. The sixty was always .05 quicker, the driver (me) was much better off the brake..... but the car always ran the same 1/8th, brake or foot, which I still haven't figured out.
By the way, your sixties are very good for a small tire, in my opinion.

Thanks Tex! I like to try to get a to b info when I can.
Mine was very similar. 5000 rpm plus off the brake, maybe 2000 footbraking. The sixty was always .05 quicker, the driver (me) was much better off the brake..... but the car always ran the same 1/8th, brake or foot, which I still haven't figured out.
By the way, your sixties are very good for a small tire, in my opinion.
thanks for the compliment .
I'll be honest i feel the sixty is a bit off/slow . I kind of expect a 1.39/42 range off the brake . Especially for the ET . the foot brake [email protected] was only a 1.468 sixty . I hope to see that sort of improvement when the tbrake goes back in .
My first 10.25 was lighter factory block 505 stroker on 28" radial . Off brake with World heavy block and the PBR was 10.27PB . Foot World block , Hoosier radial 10.25 .
So there is some gains to be had i believe .

Tex

Auto Transport Service
Back