• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Time to hit the Track.

Don't forget to pull the foam blockoff off the hood! Don't ask why I said that!
—-
Yup, of course I’ve done that too, but caught it in the burnout box. After that I jammed a miniature flag into the foam so to see it from in the seat!

It leaves like an animal. That's very close to clicking the 60 ft clocks with something other than the front of the tire. You are living dangerously with no wheelie bars. It only takes one little change to put it way up. And that can lead to all kinds of not good stuff.
Doug

It leaves like an animal. That's very close to clicking the 60 ft clocks with something other than the front of the tire. You are living dangerously with no wheelie bars. It only takes one little change to put it way up. And that can lead to all kinds of not good stuff.
Doug
—-
Yes it leaves like it’s way faster than it is. Just need some more HP to get it to come down like a duck to the pond. I remember very well you telling me that it’s on the edge and it’s always on my mind at the tree. Coming into better air now and I’ll keep adding more rebound to the front shocks, they’re my wheelie limiters.

Mine are currently full tight. Otherwise it trips the 60ft with the rear tires.
And that's with the bars set 6" off the ground.
Doug

—-
How did you make out this week end LW?

It was a pretty good weekend for the Yellow car. Went 4 rounds on Saturday, and made it to the finals on Sunday where I lost on a breakout.
After a tough start to the season, I’ve been chasing in the points all year. Piled up some points this weekend though, and made up 14 spots on the final weekend of the season to just squeak into the D6 ET Finals!

7045E4DB-007E-4CFE-A533-34BA5D4BA5C4.jpeg

Boy, Malex…. You’re really standing that thing up. Be careful my friend.
I watched a guy put his 8 second Duster into the wall this weekend. It apparently sheered the studs on one of the rear wheels at take off. I took a post-incident peek at the carnage and was somewhat shocked to see 1/2” studs and a UNIVERSAL SPACER on the axle of an 8 second car. :realcrazy::wtf:

Made it up to my local track this past weekend and for the final time this year. Always a good time and just too bad 2021 is already done. The weekend though was a pretty cold cloudy Saturday, track cold to the point of traction problems for me. Sunday was better though and a good day. As usual I didn’t get past the 2nd round but next year but I’m already looking forward to. A couple pics of the weekend.

This was my first test pass on Saturday. Car was up high, some chattering from spin and then it was headed to the centre. Ended up out of the groove and over the drop off but got it gathered up. Some air under the front tires, car was on the rebound after touching down. My car with these tires doesn't like a cold track.
8BCD4E4D-EAD6-459C-BF2C-BFD132CB3BF4.jpeg

Another cold day test pass. After the first hit I added a load more rebound into the front shocks to keep the front down, it helped but still getting up there.
C5CDDC3C-6D2F-4ACA-A0CB-F1E9749A259A.jpeg

A test pass time slip. Wrong date, this was the first hit on Sunday, Sept 12th. Not a good reaction time but the 60’s were good and the car got quicker as the day went on. The old Plymouth ran up to 133.5MPH on Sunday. I’m sure that’s the quickest it has gone so far.
3871B6B6-A84B-4574-AA6E-9A8FFAE0510B.jpeg

This was round 2 and the last pass for me. I spun on this launch but easily caught him. I was on the brakes hard as I went past him but I realized after that I needed to cover him on the first stripe. I was surprized to see his win light come on, damn! I gave it away but I have learned another valuable lesson. Car felt strong that pass, even though it spun I was worried about breaking out and played it too close. Had to be inches..
D3461A10-157F-4A18-AC16-F463EC4E2176.jpeg

A fellow sent me this picture that was taken on Sunday. Beautiful shot!
5F26BB9F-BC5C-4BB1-A7EA-9D9D47C888B8.jpeg

And that’s a wrap for this year!

Last edited:
Made it up to my local track this past weekend and for the final time this year. Always a good time and just too bad 2021 is already done. The weekend though was a pretty cold cloudy Saturday, track cold to the point of traction problems for me. Sunday was better though and a good day. As usual I didn’t get past the 2nd round but next year but I’m already looking forward to. A couple pics of the weekend.

This was my first test pass on Saturday. Car was up high, some chattering from spin and then it was headed to the centre. Ended up out of the groove and over the drop off but got it gathered up. Some air under the front tires, car was on the rebound after touching down. My car with these tires doesn't like a cold track.
View attachment 1165903

Another cold day test pass. After the first hit I added a load more rebound into the front shocks to keep the front down, it helped but still getting up there.
View attachment 1165907

A test pass time slip. Wrong date, this was the first hit on Sunday, Sept 12th. Not a good reaction time but the 60’s were good and the car got quicker as the day went on. The old Plymouth ran up to 133.5MPH on Sunday. I’m sure that’s the quickest it has gone so far.
View attachment 1165904

This was round 2 and the last pass for me. I spun on this launch but easily caught him. I was on the brakes hard as I went past him but I realized after that I needed to cover him on the first stripe. I was surprized to see his win light come on, damn! I gave it away but I have learned another valuable lesson. Car felt strong that pass, even though it spun I was worried about breaking out and played it too close. Had to be inches..
View attachment 1165905

View attachment 1165906

You need to blow that picture up and hang it in your shop, it's perfect!

View attachment 1165903

View attachment 1165907

View attachment 1165904

View attachment 1165905

View attachment 1165906

Beautiful car. Any work to be done in the off season?

Looking good as always. At least you are at the track. mines still waiting on machine work.
Doug

Looking good as always. At least you are at the track. mines still waiting on machine work.
Doug
When is your season over? Will you have time to get it out this year ? Mine is middle of November.

Beautiful car. Any work to be done in the off season?
—-
Yeah I think it’s time to pull, inspect and freshen the 727. Should get the converter checked out and I’ll throw a new starter in while I’ve got the old one out. New trans blanket time too.
I’m also planning on adding some red on the rear deck lid as well. Something like approx a red 20” wide centre stripe/thin outer black pin stripe. That will tie the rear into the same gold/red theme that’s up front. Will have to set up my small poly paint booth. Sure would like to build some aluminum front hood hinges. Will see how that goes, easier said than done.

Doug
—-
Yeah that sure put a lid on your season. Well it will all be good to go next year and better than ever.

—-
Yeah I think it’s time to pull, inspect and freshen the 727. Should get the converter checked out and I’ll throw a new starter in while I’ve got the old one out. New trans blanket time too.
I’m also planning on adding some red on the rear deck lid as well. Something like approx a red 20” wide centre stripe/thin outer black pin stripe. That will tie the rear into the same gold/red theme that’s up front. Will have to set up my small poly paint booth. Sure would like to build some aluminum front hood hinges. Will see how that goes, easier said than done.
Can't wait to see it. With your skill I know it will be perfect. Is the Dart finished now?

Can't wait to see it. With your skill I know it will be perfect. Is the Dart finished now?
—-
It’s never perfect, just do the best I can but I think the rear of the 64 will tie in nicely. The Dart is pretty much finished. Other than a HEMI decal on the hood scoop. Before it hits any track it will have wheelie bars, slicks and a trans blanket.

Took in a car show a couple weekends ago.
60E83FAC-7D38-4D24-9BCB-C961F4C37543.jpeg

Stopped for more gas on the drive there.
4E606220-EC74-4118-A7BA-44C9CEAE9EA8.jpeg

The Plymouth is just sitting here ready to go. There’s a track 6 hrs East of me that will be running Oct 2/3rd. If the temps are in the 50’s F I’m thinking on heading out there.
DBC0E93F-E91A-4021-9501-519770C1B1D7.jpeg

So I got in one last weekend of racing. Travelled 450 miles one way but beautiful weather, no wind, it was worth it. Saturday was test and tune, as the day went on the track got more and more slippery. Sunday, race day, got to the 3rd round and then it was over for the year for sure this time. Just a couple of pics.

The old Plymouth sure is getting lots of air as of late and some bad bad 60’ times. 147 60’s. Tripping with the rear tires was the reason. Crossing the 60’, front tires over top.

4F82CD2F-3C33-413A-ACEC-BA26F8EC076A.jpeg

3rd round, raced a very nice Challenger with a 572 Hemi with 9.17 on the window, he ran his number. My dial was 10.00, what my car is legal to go and I went through at 9.97. The Plymouth came up on this launch and stayed up there well into second gear. I was just hoping to hell that when I could see again that I was still going straight. The Challenger has already launched in this pic, can see the 60’ beam in front of his car, I didn’t set back down for about another 50’ after this shot. Time to do some ladder adjustments over the winter, this is getting too much for me.
47534793-7A8D-407A-93DB-DC8425097CEB.jpeg

Adios!

Auto Transport Service
Back