• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Top Speed run

The ones I looked into, Nevada, Texas, and one in Maine I think, got complicated and expensive. 130 comes real quick in the Redeye. Drag racing you can get to about 136 in the quarter on a good day without all that stuff.

The conclusion that I have come to in regard to my desire to drive 200 mph is that I either need to do it at Bonneville "off season" and brave the ravages of the salt (I read about a business near the salt flats that sprays the cars with an anti corrosive - maybe that would work) or I need to do it on the Autobahn.

I looked at shipping my car to Germany but really didn't get to a solution. Lots of wrinkles. Also my insurance company would not cover my car once it left North America.

The car recently hit 176 mph and 168 mph (not saying who was driving) but you are really tempting fate, even on a completely deserted road in the middle of nowhere. And three miles is just not long enough to get to 200 mph and then safely stop. So I think any high speed driving for me will need to be where it is legal.

My current intention is to make a trip to Germany and rent a Lamborghini or something like that from a company like these guys:

Not sure I can get to 325 kph (200 mph) in a Hurican. It might need to be an Aventador.

Auto Transport Service
Back