• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Unreal

Skytrooper

1SG (Ret.)
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
9:36 AM
Reaction score
My 1.5 year old Malinois Tilly dropped dead today playing with her little brother. I am crushed. She was my girl and I loved her so very much. It is just unreal and it isn't right that she died suddenly. She was very fit and had the "heart of an athlete" according to our vet.

R.I.P. Baby Shambles....I love you
IMG_0585.jpg
FJHD1544.JPG
IMG_2810 - Copy.jpg
IMG_2809 - Copy.jpg

I think she had a heart attack. Only took me miliseconds to get outside to her. Her tongue and gums were blue. I attempted CPR and nose to mouth breathing, but to no avail. Her eyes were already glazing over. She took her last breaths with me holding her.

OH NO! SO sorry to hear this; she was a doll obviously and I know youre crushed.
We had a similar thing happen to an English Pointer at about the same age ; she just laid down and 'drifted off' whilst my dad was holding her. Her 3.5 year old mom did the same thing about 4 months later. Autopsy on the mom showed some sort of congenital heart defect... :(
Sorry to hear of your loss. It's terrible enough any time we lose them, but so young is especially hard.

This is sad news. Many of us without kids see our pets as our kids.

Boys 12.jpg

Oh man, so sorry.....and I know oh too well it's not easy.

@Skytrooper So sorry to hear this! What a total shocker at such a young age. Condolences on the way to you and your family.

Yeah, this is really killing me. She picked me, and we have had the best time possible…until today.

Very sorry for your loss. Those that never experienced the love of a pet don't understand the emotions of losing a loved pet........

I'm so, so sorry to hear that
you & yours, all have my deepest & heartfelt sympathy...

dying so young, that's strange, such a hardy breed too
must have been something extremely rare...

RIP Baby Shambles, you were loved & will be deeply missed...

Dog died & Pets Death Poem.jpg

Dang Matt. I'm feeling for you right now...our dogs are family too.

Very sorry to hear about the loss of your friend.

Auto Transport Service
Back