• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

*update/medical condition*

biginch=bigfun

Local time
9:52 AM
Reaction score
Hi to all the great people,

that sent me positive vibes/prayers/well wishes awhile back when I posted Medical Condition!

A brief recap: I first found out I had 4 kidney stones. One being over 5 mm, this led to CT scan. The scan exposed some nodes in my lung, which led to a contrast CT scan. This exposed some enlarged lymph nodes around my liver & aorta. This brought me to a PET scan. The doctors all agreed a biopsy was needed.

Well, I had the biopsy. They removed a couple lymph nodes and while they were inside they noticed my liver is covered in spots. Sooo, they cut a piece of that out too so they could study it also.

The good news is NO CANCER! The un-great news is I have Sarcoidosis in my liver & lungs. This is a weird thing to have. It can be mild enough that no treatment is needed & it goes away on its own. Or it can take over your organs. This is what a lot of the 911 first responders have died from.

I am very greatful for all that I have! Right now the plan is for me to get & stay as healthy as possible. Then get that big stone blasted. while all this is goin on my doctors are try'n to get me in a study.

So this is two part for me: 1. update 2. show my gratitude to everyone!!!

Thanks again & Peace to all,
Louis

God bless Louis! I'm happy you don't have cancer. I've also known 2 people that had sacardosis and lived to a ripe old age. I know about it in the lungs but haven't heard about the disease in the liver. Do what the Drs tell you - watch the use of steroids. Can be a double edged sword... Take good care...

Thanks GetX'd! I am already Leary of steroids. If I have a say in things meds will be kept to a minimum. But I will do what I have to do, also...It helps hearing of others that have this who live active , long lives!
thank you again!

More positive thoughts and well=wishes headed your way. Stay positive and strong.

Congratulations, brother. The big C is no joke, glad you got the good news.

Great to hear not cancer,
keep on keeping on...

As others have said, thankfully it is not cancer, but still it sounds like something to take seriously.

Eat well, take care of yourself and keep positive!

I'm glad to hear your good news Louis. Sounds like you have your "get healthy" plan squared away. Please do yourself another favor and keep regular doctors visits with a GOOD if not GREAT doctor. Remember you can graduate from Med school with a C. Not all of them make "A"'s !!!! LOL

I know they tell you to watch your diet and exercise, not to smoke and loose weight, (that's what I always get anyhow) but they don't touch too much on another very important item.

That is your peace of mind.

Try to limit your stress if you can. Relax............... Take it easy..................... Have fun....................... Start a new hobby ( or keep with the ones you have).

It never hurts to keep saying your prayers too.

All of this has worked for me. I was diagnosed with skin cancer in 3 different spots on my back. This was in 2007.

So far so good for me. It will be for you too.

Good luck with it brother. We will keep you in our thoughts and prayers.

From one Louis to another.

Louis

Auto Transport Service
Back