• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Want a Cardone rebuilt dist. for your 440? Best get to steppin'!

moparedtn

I got your Staff Member riiiight heeeere...
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:44 PM
Reaction score
A1 Cardone has stopped producing rebuilt electronic distributors for Chrysler 440's. They have none in stock at their facility and they are not offering any timetable for production of any more of them, either.
If you want one, the ones on sellers' shelves now is all there is likely to ever be - and Cardone is the only domestic supplier of these that I know of.
Got mine today from a place in NY state. It was their last as well:
distributor.jpg

Moparedtn,
I noticed your location is Rogersville,tn. That's where I live also kinda cool huh!

Moparedtn,
I noticed your location is Rogersville,tn. That's where I live also kinda cool huh!
Well, well, small world eh?
If you've been to any of the cruise-ins or Memory Lane, you've seen my GTX.
I'm squinting real hard to see if I recognize your ride...

A1 Cardone has stopped producing rebuilt electronic distributors for Chrysler 440's. They have none in stock at their facility and they are not offering any timetable for production of any more of them, either.
If you want one, the ones on sellers' shelves now is all there is likely to ever be - and Cardone is the only domestic supplier of these that I know of.
Got mine today from a place in NY state. It was their last as well:
View attachment 278684

and Chrysler produced 1000's and 1000's of these things all rebuildable till parts are no longer available. Or are we just getting to lazy to build it right the first time?

and Chrysler produced 1000's and 1000's of these things all rebuildable till parts are no longer available. Or are we just getting to lazy to build it right the first time?
No idea if you're being snarky or what.
I just posted this as a sort of public service message for anyone contemplating getting one of these. As the last US rebuilder of these, their stopping production is significant, I think.

Auto Transport Service
Back