• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wasn’t expecting this from 440 source !

Purepony

Local time
12:58 AM
Reaction score
So i ordered an oil pan from 440 source in Nevada since I had ordered before and the fits been good on the parts I’ve bought from them and good service but this I wasn’t expecting.

I spoke to the guy and told him I had a 402 pan and I had ordered the oil slinger so I asked and he said he had a pan that would fit and was a replacement for the 402 pan. That’s awesome i ordered it and it gets here and it doesn’t fit!
So I call them and tell them that I was told it would fit well they say it should and I compare them side to side and they’re different.
I send love like they wanted and they finally admit that I have to buy they’re oil pick up tube ?! Oh so now I’m told this after the fact ?!
I told him i already installed mine and I have no use so I’d like to return and they tell me now I have to pay to ship it back ?! What the ?!
So now I’m going to have to call the credit card company and file a dispute.
I was not expecting this from these guys but oh well typical sales tactics.
Everything’s great when you order but as soon as somethings wrong they tell you to pound sand.
Just wanted to vent

@Purepony :
1049523-717ef330ed4e5730ff2be291e9206232.jpg

VENT COMPLETE!!! All good now?

@Purepony :View attachment 1131063

VENT COMPLETE!!! All good now?
Lol yeah just sucks. I’ve been buying parts for gm cars for almost 25 years abd I’ve never had issues like this.
Why is it the mopar people have to lie to sell parts and if you lie at least honor your word or simply be upfront.
If he would have told me “you’ll need a pick up tube we sell or you’ll need to modify this pan to work with yours” I then would have made the decision.
It seems it’s common in the mopar world to lie to sell them tell you the truth when you have an issue

Did you ever think that the dude doesn't know Mopars & that the computer doesn't refer to "parts needed for this (in your case, oil pan) which goes to program not being "detailed" for such reference. "HELLO, IF YOU SELL THE PAN, THE CUSTOMER WILL NEED THIS PICKUP & THIS GASKET, ETC.." on his screen. Need info, DETAILED info, you be finding it here. Mopars are NOT Chebies.

Did you ever think that the dude doesn't know Mopars & that the computer doesn't refer to "parts needed for this (in your case, oil pan) which goes to program not being "detailed" for such reference. "HELLO, IF YOU SELL THE PAN, THE CUSTOMER WILL NEED THIS PICKUP & THIS GASKET, ETC.." on his screen. Need info, DETAILED info, you be finding it here. Mopars are NOT Chebies.

I spoke to the guy. I told him exactly what I was doing. If he didn’t know the cars or the engine he should have said that or got someone more experienced on the phone.
He told me this would fit and was a replacement for a 402 pan.

Sure everything is possible but if he said it would fit and it didn’t I shouldn’t have to pay shipping for the mistake they made. I’m upset at having to pay a return shipping for an item I was told would fit

Instead now I have to call the bank and file a dispute. Like I said I just wasn’t expecting this

I'm confused. You've ordered before and everything was good. Now, this one time you have a problem with one part you purchased. That makes it "common in the Mopar world to lie and sell" ?

You change pans, you expect the pickup to change also.
Sometimes it doesn't have to - but often, it does.
I always buy a new pickup with a new pan out of practice.
Just all a part of it and yes, your sales rep should have advised you of this.

And your right. It’s not a Chevy, if it was it be on the road already or
I'm confused. You've ordered before and everything was good. Now, this one time you have a problem with one part you purchased. That makes it "common in the Mopar world to lie and sell" ?

Well I said it’s common because I also ordered a timing cover from another place in New York that also said it would fit and didn’t unless you made a few mods.
Since I’ve got this car here’s my experiences

1. Mancini gasket was damaged but they stepped up and fixed the problem (I’m going to update that btw)

2. oil pan from 440 source this issues
Lied to

3. timing cover (can’t remember the name but mopar shop from nyc) lied to and no response

So far 2 out of three
It’s starting to seem more common to me

You change pans, you expect the pickup to change also.
Sometimes it doesn't have to - but often, it does.
I always buy a new pickup with a new pan out of practice.
Just all a part of it and yes, your sales rep should have advised you of this.
Exactly if he would have said that I probably would have ordered the oil tube too since I was already there but I’m heated because they expect me to pay the shipping at 22 dollars for a mistake they made

rant over just surprised it was 440 source. I actually liked that place

And your right. It’s not a Chevy, if it was it be on the road already or

Well I said it’s common because I also ordered a timing cover from another place in New York that also said it would fit and didn’t unless you made a few mods.

1. Mancini gasket was damaged but they stepped up and fixed the problem (I’m going to update that btw)

Lied to

3. timing cover (can’t remember the name but mopar shop from nyc) lied to and no response

So far 2 out of three
Well... you know what you got to do, don't you ? Prevent any more sales lies from Mopar vendors by giving me your mopar and all the parts associated, correct or incorrect. And, thank me for saving you from any further distress ! :drinks:

@Purepony : Got alternator belt for 1975 LA engine, ac delete: so crank, water pump, alt only; counter lady said compter said "this belt" Belt v too shallow and top too wide: NEVER HAD ISSUE WITH NAPA BEFORE, MOPAR(1975 LA, 2011 3.6 & 2015 RT Hemi) & Chevy (89 S10, 92 P30 motorhome) YES, if person has NO CLUE/EXPERIENCE with Mopar, he should've got help. Had issues with Rockauto too.

I don't care who or what your dealing with anymore, for the most part customer service sucks.... Virtually no one knows the product, or cares enough to learn the product... But they feel they deserve more money.......

Lied to

So far 2 out of three

Maybe you just piss people off !?!?!?

Why is it the mopar people have to lie to sell parts and if you lie at least honor your word or simply be upfront.

seems it’s common in the mopar world to lie to sell them tell you the truth when you have an issue

Wait??!! Now it's the whole Mopar World LoL?? Whatever....... You've purchased three things for a Mopar in your life and now you're ready to write your autobiography.....

440 Source has brought affordable stroker kits and many other parts to the Mopar community. I’ll bet there is more Source engine parts on this form than anyone else’s. Kim. I have bought some parts from them, but no stroker stuff.

Last edited:
Wait??!! Now it's the whole Mopar World LoL?? Whatever....... You've purchased three things for a Mopar in your life and now you're ready to write your autobiography.....
It’s a New York best seller make sure you reserve your copy now!
It’s dedicated to all the keyboard heroes like yourself

thanks for the support HEFTY71

Last edited:
I have had nothing, but good service and products from 440 source, we are lucky to have them.
Like I said I wasn’t expecting this from them. They were great on the slinger and the flywheel.

I don't care who or what your dealing with anymore, for the most part customer service sucks.... Virtually no one knows the product, or cares enough to learn the product... But they feel they deserve more money.......
Yup I see more and more of that everyday

Auto Transport Service
Back