• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Weed's NOT weed

FU64RY

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:05 PM
Reaction score
Final straw..........now there growing out of bricks.
Can barely keep up with the ones growing out of the ground.
Weeds definition........ANY plant that is growing where you do not want it.

IMG_8917.JPG IMG_8918.JPG

I thought this post was going to be about another " kind " of weed lol.
A home made weed killer that works well is to mix vinegar with a li'l salt & dish soap in a spray bottle.

There is no apostrophe when talking about weeds in the plural sense. An apostrophe shows possession.

Carry on with your weeds.

There is no apostrophe when talking about weeds in the plural sense. An apostrophe shows possession.

Carry on with your weeds.

...and possession of weed is illegal in most places. :D

Don’t use Roundup - big news report that says it causes cancer. Some major lawsuits out there. If you use it take appropriate precautions.
I use glyphosate (roundup) regularly. My grandfather is cancer free and in his eighties he was using glphosate since it first came out. Where are the lawsuits coming from? Cali?
They are complete bs IMO.

There are however better products. Roundup kills everything, do not use it unless there are no good plants around it.
Because you will end up with a dead spot in your lawn.

Use any product containing 2-4-D as the main ingredient. This will kill only broadleafs and will not harm grass.
There will however be some risk for vapor drift, do not spray too near your flowers or garden.

My preferred spray is called Gunslinger it's a mixture of 2-4-D & Tordon. Mixed with some crop oil as a surfactant it kills all noxious weeds and volunteer trees.
From bull nettles and giant ragweed to mulberries and soft maples.

Don’t use Roundup - big news report that says it causes cancer.

Reminds me of a cartoon I saw years ago. The scene was a research lab with both scientists wearing white lab coats. On the shelf in front of them, are the products that they have been testing: mayonnaise, ketchup, mustard, etc. One scientist says to the other, "It's conclusive, everything causes cancer."

Last edited:
A homeowner's neverending battle. I always put down barrier material now whenever I put in bricks, pavers etc and the dang weeds still find a way to grow. Seems there are some that don't even need soil the roots just stick to the concrete and they sprout up...probably eco-terrorism perpetrated by isis to destroy our beatiful landscapes little by little...lol

Roundup is overpriced in my experience. You can find just as good (if not better) weed killers for MUCH less. Gordon's comes to mind.

Gone completely organic years ago and will remain that why. Kill youselves if you want to just remember agent orange was not supposed to hurt us either.

Auto Transport Service
Back