• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Well my grandson brings a new meaning to defensive driving.

Well this is how it was received. Lol.
7CD5DFA4-D8F3-479D-A3A1-F7F3975855BB.jpeg

My kids had go carts but the oldest wasn't all that interested however she did express an interest in driving the Gravely garden tractor. Within about a minute, she tried to drive it up a tree! Glad I was close and disengaged the clutch before it went 45 degrees. Lots of yard space and heads for a tree lol. The thought crossed my mind that she was going to be hard on cars and well, she was. My dad used to put me on his lap early on and let me steer too and was behind the wheel with him riding shotgun when I was 7 or 8. He'd have a cow if he knew I was riding Mopeds at 12-13. He was somewhat over protective because he didn't have any hospitalization insurance so the go carts etc didn't come till
later.

My kids had go carts but the oldest wasn't all that interested however she did express an interest in driving the Gravely garden tractor. Within about a minute, she tried to drive it up a tree! Glad I was close and disengaged the clutch before it went 45 degrees. Lots of yard space and heads for a tree lol. The thought crossed my mind that she was going to be hard on cars and well, she was. My dad used to put me on his lap early on and let me steer too and was behind the wheel with him riding shotgun when I was 7 or 8. He'd have a cow if he knew I was riding Mopeds at 12-13. He was somewhat over protective because he didn't have any hospitalization insurance so the go carts etc didn't come till
later.
My son in law came out the right side of natural selection in the driving department. He grew up in a trailer park with a single mom who didn't keep close watch on him. He was thrashing a three wheeler while my daughter was peddling her bike with a helicopter mom, and lived to tell about it. Daughter had multiple wrecks, including a total while she was figuring it out. Her words- "I'm good driver when I'm paying attention."

Devin learned the basics of driving a tractor trailer while sitting on his father's lap when he was in elementary school. He was rowing the 18 speed in my Peterbilt after an hour of instruction, has never had an accident. Probably the end of an era.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back