• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What’s the most “FUN” car you ever owned?

My 71 GTX 440 auto 4v 3.55 SG.
Was my daily commuter transportation from 1985-1990
I worked that Zumwalt Chrysler
Plymouth then.
Was rarely ever late.
For some reason the drive to work was a pleasure.
Would take it to the Sears Point Thursday night drag races and then drive it to work on Friday morning with cheater slicks still on.

260BF986-2B5C-4180-AAB0-2D9C86AE8B8F.jpeg

It was a leftover parts car I traded a 383 for. Real 4 speed '69 road runner. Aside form new quarter skins, it it was there, it was beyond trashed, or just missing. I had a good 440 4 speed and related parts. I spent the next several years, searching, trading, scrounging parts. Made some great deals. Did 98% of the work myself, and had a blast with it before a garage fire took it.

Free bird.jpg

Freebird a.jpg

Last edited:
First was my ‘69 mustang with a bizarre 289 built in the driveway that had zero bottom end but wound up like an Indy car. Never heard a car sound as good before or after. Could smoke ‘em for a block without doing a brake stand if I could get the revs up.
Then I had a 1976 Pinto with a four speed. Drove the crap out of it, never broke it. Loved that thing.
Then was a 1994 Ranger extended cab with a 2.3litre standard. Could not break it and I tried. I’m a big guy, that thing fit me like a comfortable sweater.

At 20 years old I had a 75 dodge tradesman 200 van…..
whole lotta fun….as y’all can imagine.
I had a Dodge van in high school, i had lots of fun in that van.
As far as fun to drive. My sister had a Saab, when she was done with it we used it as a go cart. I was 13 so anything with wheels was fun.. My 340 4 speed Demon was a fun car.

Last edited:
The one I purchased 41 years ago on this very date (August 4, 1982)
15138354_1158940154143464_5597329852591896852_o.jpg

I've had fun with this car since day one. So much fun that it would be impossible to describe without a gigantic wall of text. The best part is the GTX enabled me to meet a lot of cool people and make some lifelong friends that I otherwise wouldn't have even known.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back