• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your Mopar today?

Lifted the car about 20"...and removed the bent-up rear Bogart rims. NOBODY I've talked with[including Bogart] has seen this before. I took some under-side shots. She's a mess.

n4dt84.jpg

2z8c10l.jpg

28tx15k.jpg

20jrdi.jpg

25z145f.jpg

k20do8.jpg

Love the cutouts and coilover setup. Are the Bogarts made in US or somewhere else? Weird that the rims were weakened by putting in the screw to lock the beads in. You would think that they'd have been tested that way. Maybe just a bad set?

They're USA made. They're gonna look at them, and see what they'll do. How they handle this, will determine how much social-media exposure this/Bogart will get.
My friend Ernie, is an exhaust/fab artist. He just finished-up filming a episode for a new car show for TV[History?]. He has sic-skills.

http://www.motofab.net/about_us.html

I was drooling over that X pipe and cut out set up myself.

10 pt cage going in Mini tubs next then move the springs in board.......

I took my 67 Satty convertible for its finish shakedown cruise!!! Took it out to I-95 between Port Orange and Edgewater and ran it up to almost 85 mph just to open it up. It was GREAT! You guys don't know how long--well many, if not most of you probably do know... It's been just over two years since I bought this old girl and she's 99% done. It was so good to have her on the open road and driving like she knew what to do again.

Satellite3 121616.jpg

I put my 64 Dodge away for the Winter. Moved it from the home garage to another garage at a different site. In the process of insulating and heating -wiring where I had the Dodge parked. Storm warnings out and I wanted to put it away before the road salt. Surprised to find that the roads were just beginning to get slick.. Had a hard time getting it started because it is so cold out....................MO

I put my 64 Dodge away for the Winter. Moved it from the home garage to another garage at a different site. In the process of insulating and heating -wiring where I had the Dodge parked. Storm warnings out and I wanted to put it away before the road salt. Surprised to find that the roads were just beginning to get slick.. Had a hard time getting it started because it is so cold out....................MO
unlocked the garage, took a look and locked it back up-------------cold !

Got the engine out today and mostly disassembled. #3 cylinder with no compression has a leak on the exhaust valve. Doesn't look bent, not sure why it's not sealing at this point. I didn't drop the valve out yet.

I will take a guess. Looks like fairly thin aluminum. Wrinkle walls and tires slipping on the rims would make the screws pull to the side, twisting the rim.........................MO

That sounds like a good reason. I just noticed the warpage was directly in line with each screw. The metal curves inward toward the screw and stayed straight between the screws. You probably weakened the rim by removing metal from the holes you drilled for the screws. If you watch a slow motion video of a burnout on drag slicks it looks like the tire is a lot taller than before. My guess is the tire pulls outward on the rim causing it to buckle in the weakest areas.

Bogart has never seen this. I've had lots of screwed tires to rims. So far, everybody's assuming this was a bad pair of barrels. They go back to Bogart, next week. We're talking a little less than 900hp...not a fuel car.

Well, I'm sitting next to it while I type this......but I did do some work to the front end parts a couple of weeks ago. Was going to do some welding on it but I needed to spool off a couple hundred feet of wire from the MIG machine and once I was done with that, the regulator was leaking. Now that it is fixed, my power switch is bad but I think with some messing with, it'll turn on again. It sucks getting old but what's worse is when your machines get old too.

Replaced the cracked and leaking OEM dipstick tube with a Lokar flexible unit.

Later, jacked up the car to see what the clunking noise was - the RH caliber bracket bolts were finger tight. Damn! Re-torqued with Thread Locker and while I was at it, knocked about 1/16" off the brake pads; they were a little tight on the rotor.

IMG_3751.JPG IMG_3753.JPG
The Lokar is a nice piece - double O rings down in the block, two more at the top of the 'stick.
IMG_3754.JPG

After almost two years of listening to an annoying header leak, finally replaced the gasket on the Dart. It's a Remflex - super thick with a 50% crush. Added Stage 8 locking header bolts - no more leaks. IMG_3756.JPG

Last edited:
Bled the brakes on the `cuda [DOT 5 fluid and 1 loose fitting/leak]. Got all the hydraulics done, and mostly bled[time will move any left-over air], and filled her up with water. We let it run for about 10 minutes, and it behaved just like it was supposed to. High idle to a gradual low idle. After it warmed-up, we fixed two small leaks [PS fitting and a trans-line fitting] This thing is so quiet...and I love it. We'll come back to bleed the brakes again, next week. Silicone fluid has it's own issues. Next comes the front-end alignment, and off to the AC guys, to build lines and charge it. If things work out....it may be driven this summer.

Rear wheel-well opening view....
zk0r34.jpg

Going for the factory install appearance...
2ir9kyc.jpg

My friend Tony, installing t-bolt hose clamps. Thank you, my friend. I have a couple friends who are so important to my builds. Some things cannot be done alone, and just having another human around at times can make things much nicer for the brain.
2ir6hk7.jpg

Front-right wheel opening....
2qnd40g.jpg

Little video. It idles down near the end.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back