• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your Mopar today?

HA.. my buddy said to me "so they get to glue flowers all over the car correct?". There were no flowers on it when I got married in it 37 years ago... same applies for this one!

Got the overhauled engine and transmission back in the 1968 Sport Satellite today.. Just a little help from a friend and it went right in... Couple days ago, I got the power brake booster and under dash linkage put in. Was non power and I converted it. What a PITA for a 6'4" 260 lb, near blind , old guy with bad knees and back !! Dam, forgot to take pictures for my build thread............MO

I hear that ! My days of crawlin' under a dash are drawing to a close.

HA.. my buddy said to me "so they get to glue flowers all over the car correct?". There were no flowers on it when I got married in it 37 years ago... same applies for this one!
Love it. How about some a--hole with silly string! Was at a parade and some kids started spraying cars with that. Announcer was on the horn in 30 seconds, stop the string.

Measured everything for the third time, and set the final wheelbase.
88F472F3-A5DB-43D3-A3CC-73261F72001C.jpeg

David

Found a fuel fitting leak at the mechanical fuel pump. Second time......Tightened it the last time,this time gonna replace the fitting.China strikes again !

I put a new muffler and tailpipe on my daughter's Jeep Commander. Factory welded system gave the Sawzall a workout. I hate working on exhaust. The factory muffler rusted through on the top of the rear flange. Couldn't see the rust out with the muffler in the vehicle, but I could hear her come home.

A little late posting.. took the Coronet to the Auburn 2nd Friday car show. The show goes from May - Sep and May always has the best turnout.

IMG_4989.JPG IMG_5000.JPG IMG_4999.JPG IMG_5001.JPG IMG_5002.JPG IMG_5007.JPG IMG_4992.JPG IMG_5010.JPG IMG_4986.JPG

Out went the failed (4) Comp lifters and replaced all 16 with a set from Lunati.Looking at them(I should have taken pictures) the Lunati lifters have 2 oil bands over Comps 1 and snap rings over the Comps wire lifter plunger retainers. Did the normal fire-up run at 2000 rpm for 20 mins set the idle at 900 all looks and sounds good to go.After the run in and cool down went around and re-torqued all the bolts. A few more items off the list and soon road worthy.

Started re-installing the new interior after finishing up the daily driver. I got the bottom plastic window trim on the back glass installed on the pinch weld. Only took an hour sitting in the sun at 80 F and a lot of finger force. The ends are popping off. So, I'll probably use a heat gun to form the curves better to keep them from popping off again before installing the side pieces.

Doesn't sound like much of an accomplishment. But hey, it's progress.

Started re-installing the new interior after finishing up the daily driver. I got the bottom plastic window trim on the back glass installed on the pinch weld. Only took an hour sitting in the sun at 80 F and a lot of finger force. The ends are popping off. So, I'll probably use a heat gun to form the curves better to keep them from popping off again before installing the side pieces.

Doesn't sound like much of an accomplishment. But hey, it's progress.
The rear glass trim on these Coronets is a royal PITA.

Reminding myself of why I always just bought a new carb when they went for a ****. Never apart since I bought it in '88. Almost needed a sledge to get the metering block off the body. Accelerator pump stuck fully in, among other things. Surprised she ran as good as she did, just hope to hell it runs when I'm done!
beerestoration2019carbrebuild 044.JPG

Did some work on the top, appears somebody did a tap dance on it.

20190516_184836.jpg

Lumpy lead - got after it with some sharp 80 grit at a angle.
Lead doesn't seem to play well with other materials and wont feather out.
Just going to bury it in high build.

20190517_130731.jpg 20190517_130754.jpg

Last edited:
I got lumpy lead too.

One spot on the A pillar wouldn't let the trim lie flat.

I had to use a carbide bit.

Not sure what I'm gonna do about the quarter to C pillar seam.

No vinyl top to cover it.

Auto Transport Service
Back