• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your Mopar today?

installed new gas tank last night
enhance.jpg

went to a show today

enhance.jpg

Had an annoying screeching sound from engine above 1600 RPM. Thought it was a bad bearing on Alt, AC, etc.
I run double belts plus one for PS. All were in good shape. Replaced belts. All good now. Check the simple stuff first.

Went out at 1 am this morning, got back around 2:30.
View attachment 757349

According to MapQuest it was just over 60 miles round trip, on the freeway the majority of the time at speeds of 65 - 105 mph.
210 fwy stretch going from Sunland through La Crescenta heading into Glendale / Los Angeles is a very dark part that's 4 lanes wide on each side, nice bends in the road with changing elevations and long straights.
Empty, desolate and late enough to hit 105 with confidence and no issues.
I originally intended to connect to the 101 fwy but missed my exit so I stayed on 110 and connected to the mighty 405 fwy, then headed north and got off at Mullholland Dr.
A little mistake (but hey, I'm trying to see how the car performs in all conditions...) but all was ok on a very windy road at the top of the Hollywood Hills at 2am with some fog.
Passed a Ferrari going in the opposite direction.

I can't say enough how well Crakedback's headlight relay and 4 new Wagner lights work.
Very Bright and a recommended upgrade at a reasonable cost, easy install.

View attachment 757350

Car runs the best it ever has while I've owned it still using a T-Bar & leaf spring setup, upgraded front to rear.
Got my Wagners today from Summit!

I am getting anxious to drive mine but with road construction in front of my house I would have to drive 3 mils of gravel! Not that my car is a show car but what a mess!

Went to MOT today, car passed :thumbsup:
now i can register it in my name and get my license plate

MOT like DMV or Smog? These parts, go to DMV and may not be seen for days.

MOT like DMV or Smog? These parts, go to DMV and may not be seen for days.

Cars here get tested to see if they are safe to ride on public roads, brake test, light test, suspension test and so on.
Did have to go 3 times, first because it did not have the door VIN tag anymore,just recently was made mandatory. So had to order one with ECS and wait 3 weeks, second time the windshield wiper washer quit, so had to fix that, now ll good .

Did nothing today. Actually not in several days.After firing small block engine for the first time (new Comp cam and lifters) 4 of the "New" hydraulic lifters would not pump up. Removed and took them apart to check,clean and reassemble only to fail again. Ordered Lunati lifters and waiting for my frustration to wain before changing them out.:BangHead: Some days I wonder :mad:.....

Well I didn’t really like the roller rockers I had on the 512 so I ordered a set of Harland Sharps today! Wasn’t cheap by any means! But let the fun begin when the arrive!

Auto Transport Service
Back