• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your Mopar today?

Completely disassembled the cylinder heads. Now to get 'em blasted (the passages are a bit gunky). Pulling harmonic balancer next ! The fun just keeps on happening !

Clean up the dash pieces and the console. Will paint the black part when the argent trim color is good and dry. I did the handles and ash trays because the chrome was a little pitted, and I like the gray matching the door handles and the plastic behind my door arm rests. Pulling the cluster this week and will begin pulling that apart. Putting a 4" aftermarket tach deep in the factory tach opening, but I'm going to retain the other gauges. I don't like the fact that they're small, but I don't want to change the look of the '68 dash, other than the tach.

DSCN3273.JPG DSCN3274.JPG DSCN3276.JPG

Last edited:
Last weekend removed the steering wheel and ordered a new upper bearing and tool from Mega Parts. My new plug wires and distributor cap arrived today but I left my ignition wire crimpers at my daughter's house 30 miles away. So, I gave that one to my son-in-law for the Cuda and ordered another from Amazon with 1 day shipping.

@Dennis H if you're reading this then you know both my cars are staying home for a while. I still have my Frontier, though.

Ordered and installed a second pop up fuel cap....on the OTHER quarter top opposite the first one. Two reasons, use either side of the pump & symmetry. Will likely order up a lettering decal in a circular pattern slightly smaller than the caps in a tiny font. One will say "NITRO" only and the other "JETFUEL" only in a complete circle repeating over and over. Also I went over to NH to Mike 67's place and picked up the '67 R/T wheel well lip trim pieces. Also bought a gallon of smooth filler so I can finish up the body work.

1013190856.jpg
1013190856c.jpg
1013190857.jpg
1013190857a.jpg
1014191347.jpg
1014191347a.jpg
1014191347b.jpg
1014191347c.jpg
1014191347e.jpg
1014191347f.jpg

How is the inside the trunk plumbing going. Want see pictures of that.
If you mean me, I cut a hole in the left trunk lid gas lift support and slid a hunk of pipe through it at the correct angle and welded it in place. Now two 90* gas hoses and that side is done. Now that I have added the second cap I need to locate/fabricate a "Y" gas hose/pipe to feed the right side in. I will be cutting another hole for the right gas lift frame to pass another longer pipe that will go across to meet that "Y". Haven't decided exactly how I want that to look yet though!

0628191157.jpg

0628191232.jpg

Went and got my grille back from Tim. He restored all the cracks and repainted. Yes I’m going with the blackout

02198D87-22A9-4F92-9D29-5ECF1BDCFEB8.jpeg

Yesterday I replaced the upper steering shaft bearing to fix a problem with the wire coil on the back of the wheel that contacts the turn signal cancel cam. It didn't help. Turns out the two pieces of the column collar (floor shift) are not coming together evenly when I torque the nuts. I removed/replaced the steering wheel and collars several times before I figured it out. No damage observed. I just tightened the top nut more than the bottom and it seemed to work better. At least it's not cancelling the turn signal and turning the other signal on when the wheel comes back to center.

I installed the new HEI style distributor cap and 6 of the 8 ACCEL Extreme black ceramic boot plug wires (135/45 degree boots) #9002CK. I don't know why they don't just say 45.

Anyway, with 2" header tubes and 45 boots I could not get #1 and #3 on. I looked at buying the individual 90 degree boot wires but at $26 each (and only in white, :mad:) I opted to try the ACCEL shorty plugs and ordered from Amazon. The wire set only cost $110. The plugs arrive today by 8 PM. So, I'll let you know if that works.

IMG_0004.JPG
IMG_0005.JPG

I received the ACCEL shorty plugs but they are not short enough to solve my problem (see above). I reckon I'll have to order 2 individual plug wires for $53 plus shipping. :mad:

On a more positive note, the new plug wrench I bought works like a dream o the hard to get a wrench/socket on plugs. I bought one with the 13/16" socket. You can get a 5/8" socket for it, as well. "Where can I get me one", you ask?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000UKJ6AU/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

IMG_0006.JPG
IMG_0007.JPG

Last edited:
I received the ACCEL shorty plugs but they are not short enough to solve my problem (see above). I reckon I'll have to order 2 individual plug wires for $53 plus shipping. :mad:

On a more positive note, the new plug wrench I bought works like a dream o the hard to get a wrench/socket on plugs. "Where can I get me one", you ask?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000UKJ6AU/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

View attachment 853853 View attachment 853854
Thankfully, I found these and ordered them at Jegs since I have store credit there. I can just cut off the 45 degree boots and install these and Bob's your Uncle.

upload_2019-10-21_19-0-22.png

I just finished putting in larger secondary jets in the GTX. I was getting a little lean at WOT after the headwork so I had to jump up to the .110 sec. jets in the AVS2. Running a nice 12.6 - 12.8 now!

Puttered in the shop, cleaned up a bit and hung the clock that I bought at the Gilmore Museum. Think I'd better go out and check door #4 again in the 7 Up machine.. be right back !
talladegaorbust2019 1728.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back