• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your Mopar today?

Just waiting on new brake hoses from NAPA now... the rest is done and ready to roll.
It'll be nice having the old 90 Dodge/Cummins W250 back on the road again.

King Pin 23.jpg

Cleaned her up today then going for a ride. I'm going to test fit the new car I got this week. I hate to say "hibernation" will be here soon <sigh>

I installed the front bumper and turn signals then took it to 7-11 for a full tank of 91 octane no ethanol gas. First drive in about 2 years or so.

Getting her ready to burn some premium tomorrow. I think she is ready.

6247FA57-FB6B-45AB-9FE7-0647C08ED21B.jpeg 7A8045B2-2FB9-41DB-B81F-1E8EEC2950A3.jpeg

I bought LED bulbs for the interior, front turn signals, tag light and backup lights. I installed the interior lights today.

The car has been backfiring out the exhaust for a while now and running like crap. I found a cracked plug wire boot on cylinder #7. I have a 440 with 2" TTI ceramic coated headers. The wires are FireCore50 Pro-Fit OEM 8.5m.

PF1002img1thumblg.jpg

cracked plug wire boot.jpg

Last edited:
Today I changed my idler arm in my 71 Charger. Simple install and made a big difference in the steering. New member here and love this site!!!

Thanks to everyone again!!!

welded the left rear window corner and deck filler on the road runner

Last night I ordered some Accel Extreme 9000 ceramic boot plug wires part # 9045C. All the reviews I read say they solved the problem with header heat. We shall see.

acc-9045c_xl.jpg

Last night I ordered some Accel Extreme 9000 ceramic boot plug wires part # 9045C. All the reviews I read say they solved the problem with header heat. We shall see.

View attachment 846017

I've used those; they are pretty much impervious to heat and I never had one crack..but, I was also able to position them so they never actually touched the headers. As I recall the only drawback was, they could be a little more finicky to snap on or take off, just because the boot isn't flexible..but that's no big deal.

I've used those; they are pretty much impervious to heat and I never had one crack..but, I was also able to position them so they never actually touched the headers. As I recall the only drawback was, they could be a little more finicky to snap on or take off, just because the boot isn't flexible..but that's no big deal.
There's an installation video saying to put a dob of dielectric grease on the tip of each spark plug before snapping the boots onto the plugs. I'll try it.

I saw that the front parking light lenses had small cracks. So, I searched pricing and ended up ordering the whole assembly from Van's eBay store since I need the lenses, gaskets and the little rubber bumpers that go on the bottom against the bumper.

Lenses $45 (for some reason they are much more on many other online retailers) vs $120 for the assemblies.

Mine oems will be going up for sale soon.

There's an installation video saying to put a dob of dielectric grease on the tip of each spark plug before snapping the boots onto the plugs. I'll try it.
For sure. I smear it on the plug's ceramic, even with rubber plug boots. With those accels, it's just that you can't really wiggle them. A trick that helped me was centering the plug terminal in the boot first with a skinny pair of needlenose pliers.

I installed new plugs and a temporary plug wire on #7 (see post #7266 above) because I'm too impatient to wait until the new plug wire set arrives to drive it. Perfect day for a drive; cool temps in the low 60s. I may have opened up the secondaries a few times with my great nephew along for the ride just to blow out the cobwebs as it's been sitting in the garage for years.

He and I will still be smiling as we say our evening prayers.

Montana is back on all fours again now after replacing the bad U-Joint in the drivers side steering knuckle. Of course, while I was at it I swapped everything else out for new from the King Pins to the Rotors and Calipers. I bedded in the new pads and rotors this morning and took him out for a test drive. The Cummins was purring like a kitten, and those recent pesky steering issues are now history. I deserve a beer... just as soon as I get off work.

IMGP0968.jpg

Last edited:
Deck lid, hood, door insides, rear wheels, and some misc stuff is in base. Clear tomorrow.

23DA38CE-69FE-43D7-89D5-D9B2D655CAB6.jpeg 1428AD7E-0F57-4043-81A9-2A1EDA0CA298.jpeg 79BBFF44-FC98-41AA-82AE-40051CCA828F.jpeg 9CE3D743-E87B-449E-8784-0C0533256CEA.jpeg 755DE5DE-716B-4613-989A-9276FB866ECB.jpeg CE04D65A-5489-427F-A458-723AB84457A3.jpeg DD89BD66-83A4-48CE-9448-F6DBEAB24205.jpeg 26922B0C-694E-4E7F-AADA-C4CF2FC2F6A0.jpeg

get it done in time for ODOT to bring our driving season to a screeching halt.

Auto Transport Service
Back