• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your Mopar today?

Starting putting the heads back on the 383 thats in my 66 Coronet project. Someone broke and easyout off in the head trying to remove a broken stud. No way I could drill through it. Figure I would add a couple of pics of the car.

Attachments

• DSCN0990.JPG
    DSCN0990.JPG
    158 KB · Views: 225
  • DSCN0991.JPG
    DSCN0991.JPG
    141.3 KB · Views: 208
  • DSCN0994.JPG
    DSCN0994.JPG
    134.6 KB · Views: 219
  • DSCN0992.JPG
    DSCN0992.JPG
    126.5 KB · Views: 218
Wow, I hope you didn't wear yourself out !!

After spending a year & a half on a rotisserie restoration, it feels good to do something as little as that. But being that the heap it's now 43 years old, there's always going to be little "somethings" that will pop up every now and then that will need addressing.

Amen to that Dick, I wish mine was done too...

Actually,over the last couple of days...

First,got my trans cooler mounted:

100_3922.jpg

100_3919.jpg

...then discoverd a freakin' trans leak somewhere on the driver's side of the case. Checked and re-checked the fittings;not leaking. Thinking it may be around the kickdown lever. F@#$!!! $H!T!!! I'm ready to drive! Because...

...I finally fired it up and got the new cam and lifters broken in!!! Not without incident,of course. Had a heater hose come off at the block;got it shut down fast,fixed the issue,wiped off all the coolant I could,and went back at it. Man,am I glad I got a proper shroud for the radiator;it never got over 185-190,even running at 2500-3000 R's. Did a full 1/2 hour total,drained the oil(just a little metallic material-NO CHUNKS!),refilled(with a new filter,of course) and ran it again for about 20 minutes. Shut it down,let it cool,and after finishing my lawn mowing,went back and fired it up to set the timing. Guess what? I was almost dead on when I set it before the break-in.:headbang:

So...I've got to figure out what the damn trans leak is about,and I could be driving. SOON!!! Oh;the new cam sounds good and revs up nice. Could be a fun summer.

Switched from electric fuel pump-Holley blue to Edelbrock 1723 mechanical, fired right up no leaks upgraded fuel line to 3/8" Took a ride and saw a 67 chevelle fully restored pulled next to him in opposite traffic and romped on it he shook his head but said hi any way lol nice old guy

Today I went for my FIRST ride of this year! Not a long cruise type ride more to try/ test my new parts and things, I fought off the boyish desires to have more fun, but im afraid that battle im loosing. My little SB should get the cobwebs cleaned out and that is the excuse if the weather holds up or maybe gets better tomorrow then the 50s it was today. I know i can NOT be the only one who gets in his or her car and gets as excited as it once was back when these were "just cars" and still being young had to have the fun that gos along with a ride and the youth we had at the time. Hope the boyish attitude stays a longgg time! Good luck Al with your leak.. Sounds like your due to get out of the garage yourself.. :) :) :) :) :)

Old Mopar=Young attitude

Baby got new shoes

I finally got my new tires and had 'em mounted on a set of Cragar S/S wheels. This was a switch from the stock 14" steelies to 15" wheels. Got this done yesterday. Today was really nice weather and I took the Bee to our monthly retired car guy breakfast (my favorite car event). New tires really rode nice. No vibrations or anything. The picture isn't great but serves the purpose.
Bee68-1.gif

painted the engine for the A body. 1 step closer.

Attachments

• painted5.JPG
    painted5.JPG
    117.5 KB · Views: 177
  • painted4.JPG
    painted4.JPG
    113.6 KB · Views: 180
  • painted3.JPG
    painted3.JPG
    113.3 KB · Views: 175
  • painted2.JPG
    painted2.JPG
    150.7 KB · Views: 174
  • painted1.JPG
    painted1.JPG
    132.4 KB · Views: 177
Man thats a beautiful Bee there... I need to share something here and it fits ok with the subject of the thread.
My Ma turned, I believe 74 last month, im not good with remembering ages.. Her health has been failing for quite some time and she just got home from the hospital yesterday, She had one of those stints? put in for kidney dialysis and had one treatment, I really didn't know what to expect but my wife and i went to her house and found her to be smiling, laughing and feeling half way good, im told this wont be the case always but it sure made our day. With her kidneys functioning at 15 % its not good but to see her in high spirits was great. Im sorry to bring it up here but it was a great day and we drove my car to her house and all the new upgrades i put on was great, Thanks to something Cranky said long ago about shocks, My car going over any dips, you don't even know there their anymore.. Thats the car part, greatest thing is my Ma... Had to tell someone, couldn't help it and i think the only other thing that may have made the day a bit better would have been the temp getting out of the 50s that actually felt like the 40s :)

Brought her out of winter hibernation. She ran like a top on the 25 mile ride home from my buddy's place where she sleeps in the winter.

Front suspension/steering/Brakes. Hasn't been started since October as it will rock itself off the jack stands.
Will be nice to finally crank it over and drive it.

Attachments

• IMAG0728.jpg
    IMAG0728.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 170
  • IMAG0727.jpg
    IMAG0727.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 163
  • IMAG0726.jpg
    IMAG0726.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 160
I got my new MSD distributor in the mail today. 4 cold beers and a little time under the hood and the diffrence is huge. I fought with the 1990 MSD distributor for the past 2 years. The new one with my old 6 a box works great. I had several neighbors come out on the porches when I went down the block to see how things worked out. Lets all have a great spring and summer with our cars.

Took the 67 out to cruise night. Didn't realize how many bugs are out already out. They sure make a mess at 100mph! Took it easy on the way home, just crankin out the radio, with the classic rock bringing back the memories......

Attachments

• DSCN4867 (Large).jpg
    DSCN4867 (Large).jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 150
  • DSCN4900 (Large).jpg
    DSCN4900 (Large).jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 150
  • DSCN4905 (Large).jpg
    DSCN4905 (Large).jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 152
  • DSCN4923 (Large).jpg
    DSCN4923 (Large).jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 153
Looks great

I finally got my new tires and had 'em mounted on a set of Cragar S/S wheels. This was a switch from the stock 14" steelies to 15" wheels. Got this done yesterday. Today was really nice weather and I took the Bee to our monthly retired car guy breakfast (my favorite car event). New tires really rode nice. No vibrations or anything. The picture isn't great but serves the purpose.
Bee68-1.gif

Looks Great I always liked the Cragers on these cars... Classic

Just a short day today.Got the package tray area stripped to bare metal.Just a few small details to take care of and I will be ready to finally shoot color in the trunk,door jambs and engine bay/inner fenders.Ya-hoo!!!:hello2:

last week, I took my baby out for some shitty gas and good cold air.

Auto Transport Service
Back