• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your Mopar today?

I got the Ramcharger hood put on the 71 Charger R / T yesterday. Putting a hood on a 71 Charger by yourself is the equivalent of being a one legged man in an *** kicking contest and losing badly. Since I couldn't have anyone else give me a hand,I had to ask Jack to help me with the hood! I lubricated the hinges and installed them first, then I mounted the hood. View attachment 932450 View attachment 932451 View attachment 932452 View attachment 932453

That's lined up pretty good, according to the pictures...

I cursed my Mopar today. I told it that it was an ugly pile of junk, and that it should just be put in a car crusher and put out of its misery. I also told it I made a big mistake buying its sorry *** and that it wasn't even worth 50 cents.. I HATED my Mopar today. That is what I did to my Mopar today.. And I hated the Borgeson door stop even more. That's right, the black thing that says Borgeson on it in the photos is for propping doors open, that's about all it is good for.

IMG_1698.jpg IMG_1702.jpg IMG_1668.jpg

That is a sweet Super Bee, don't be too hard on it! Sometimes when things get frustrating, you have to put the tools down and walk away from the car for a while. When you get back to it,things will go much better.

That's lined up pretty good, according to the pictures...
It needs a little tweaking, but it's close. Once I get the front suspension in the car, I can pul it out where I can get around the car easier, and fine tune the adjustment of the whole nose. The car is in tight quarters right now, but it is completely out of site by the city or the neighbors.

Saturday I fired up the Satellite and took it for a social distancing cruise

Looked at it, lamenting about how I got it put back together and on the road, the day before a week's worth of storms hitting the state...

I HATE changing oil on my Satellite because of power steering. To remove filter from bottom would need another elbow to get it through K member. Think of the guy in Mopar Action with oil in his face. I remove the battery unbolt PS pump put it in battery tray then do the filter. I haven't started the car since Dec, decided to crank up oil pressure by pulling dist and drive. PITA because fuel tee and coil and big hand don't fit well in that area. So put it back together and of course it didn't start. The would be mechanic forgot to plug in the distributor . Plugged it in all better.

Yesterday, I replaced the @#$! battery in the GTX; happens every 4-5 years.
A 27 series with big CCA ain't cheap. They know what they're doing with that 3 year warranty...
Rudimentary diagnostics over with (alternator fine, wiring & connections good, etc.),
it was obvious another of Advance Auto's finest (Johnson Controls) had bit the dust.
They never lose their volts, seems like - just the balls-deep amps needed for a cold start.

Given our current status money-wise, it was game over as far as I was concerned;
can't justify hobby money right now, least to me.
My wife would have none of it, however. She downright got insistent and made me go
fetch another one.
She knows the car is one of few bright spots for me right now....

The beauty of using a later model Dakota-type starter is it fits with headers,
turns the 440 over with ease and supposedly takes less amps to do so.
The achilles heel of them are - they give no warning of a battery on the way out.
There's enough juice to turn them or their isn't and they go from r-r-r-r-r to clicky-click
all at once.
In olden days, you'd hear the starter starting to labor more and more over time as the
battery lost its' ***; not with these modern jobbers, though.
It's a fair trade to me, just takes you by surprise is all.

I HATE changing oil on my Satellite because of power steering. To remove filter from bottom would need another elbow to get it through K member. Think of the guy in Mopar Action with oil in his face. I remove the battery unbolt PS pump put it in battery tray then do the filter. I haven't started the car since Dec, decided to crank up oil pressure by pulling dist and drive. PITA because fuel tee and coil and big hand don't fit well in that area. So put it back together and of course it didn't start. The would be mechanic forgot to plug in the distributor . Plugged it in all better.
Have you considered a remote oil filter?

No. Just got done removing all the non original stuff except trans pan. Just me bitchen. Thanks.

Been questioning whether I have the right driveshaft in my car. See posts 7714 and 7718. The yoke shaft is 7" long and 5" is in trans, Ok. So today measured the other yoke, which the same to see where spline start. Well splines start 3" in uh-oh. So I think 5"-3"=2" on splines in trans, not good. Thought I had a picture of trans without rear seal so I could see how far trans output shaft struck out . Found it, output shaft sticks out 1" to 1-1/4"s. Whew. So I have at least 3" on splines.
tb2.jpg

Put the springs back together. I used a kit from RT specialties.
I evaporusted the leaves in a 4” PVC pipe with an end cap glued on.

Some pics:

F23027AB-5CD9-4075-BFAB-DB1D5750C32B.jpeg BD5E26F0-5682-458D-A3B9-9BA4B212290A.jpeg EDDD85FF-426D-42A5-9A3E-11DC3ED893AB.jpeg 078EFABD-01B5-45BC-9B60-55372FC93745.jpeg D7190E79-B748-49C2-B600-CD7C194B2EB1.jpeg 4571236C-6B14-4587-A8D0-CB74EF7C5365.jpeg 584BEF27-56EB-4CB1-8193-6C46394B8181.jpeg 22E777CD-62BF-4561-A0F6-182DDC876C0D.jpeg CD40C2D4-4ABC-4B24-B06F-BB7062914C6B.jpeg E543320C-BDE0-46D9-8DC4-2137B5202C37.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back