• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your Mopar today?

I got the Ramcharger hood put on the 71 Charger R / T yesterday. Putting a hood on a 71 Charger by yourself is the equivalent of being a one legged man in an *** kicking contest and losing badly. Since I couldn't have anyone else give me a hand,I had to ask Jack to help me with the hood! I lubricated the hinges and installed them first, then I mounted the hood. View attachment 932450 View attachment 932451 View attachment 932452 View attachment 932453

I'll join ya....but hold the Coke (Pepsi)
:thumbsup:

Jeff

Parts still arriving from Summit and others, I did finally spring for some Putco Plasma LED bulbs.
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/put-241157r-360

S5kapBo.jpg

Stock bulb.
IpRfzJp.jpg

Putco LED.

rOEmzaU.jpg

BIG difference, this is with the brake light on.
Raining now, will get a better rear view shot once I'm able.
Still have new Putco back up lights and amber turn signals on the way, this along with the harness from Crakedback makes all exterior lights better.

I cursed my Mopar today. I told it that it was an ugly pile of junk, and that it should just be put in a car crusher and put out of its misery. I also told it I made a big mistake buying its sorry *** and that it wasn't even worth 50 cents.. I HATED my Mopar today. That is what I did to my Mopar today.. And I hated the Borgeson door stop even more. That's right, the black thing that says Borgeson on it in the photos is for propping doors open, that's about all it is good for.

View attachment 932454 View attachment 932455 View attachment 932456

So I have to ask, whats the deal with your door stop?

Parts still arriving from Summit and others, I did finally spring for some Putco Plasma LED bulbs.
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/put-241157r-360

View attachment 933787
Stock bulb.
View attachment 933788
Putco LED.

View attachment 933789
BIG difference, this is with the brake light on.
Raining now, will get a better rear view shot once I'm able.
Still have new Putco back up lights and amber turn signals on the way, this along with the harness from Crakedback makes all exterior lights better.

Very nice, they are pretty proud of those things..

Mounted the correct 71 gull wing instead of the 70 go wing.
20200330_155934.jpg

Picked up the second 489housing with the new diff and 3.91gears. Out with the 3.23!
20200409_201715.jpg

Last edited:
I bought a new battery for one of the cars & put it in yesterday. That took all of 4 minutes, which just shows that I milked that job.

Finished getting the Charger ready for my body guy to pick it up in the morning. Drilled the emblem holes on the hood and mounted it for the ride. He has no work so it should be in paint in about 8 weeks. :praying:

IMG_0294.JPG
IMG_0304.JPG

qMP4kbk.jpg

Putco LED on drivers side, stock bulbs on the right.
I'll be able to see much better backing up now plus the LEDs give off far less heat (if any) than the stock bulbs.

kH4F68O.jpg

Managed to score a new set of lenses and gaskets as well so it'll be brighter all around.

6O2pwiI.jpg

New hinges for the fiberglass hood.
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/ems-ms149-70fba

And a new AC, trying for a new look under the hood but it may take some modification on the hood to fit properly.
Height should not be a problem... but we'll see.
8x4lvwL.jpg

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/ems-ms215-90mb

M6SRvRz.jpg

Test fit looks good.

Fired the old gal up after a 3 month slumber, 2-year old fuel, Stock 70 RR engine. Purrs like a kitten.

Last edited:
Started assembling front suspension bits. These should be a fair bit stiffer than the old tie rods
ED7A8CBE-F5DD-46E1-A0F2-35691F7197B8.jpeg

Well I figured out where the spare bolts went! lol That accounts for something. Come on we have all been there. Lol beer me.

Been looking for air cleaner found it on ebay don't know how i did but add $550 offered 400 plus 25 for the ride from California he sent got it yesterday! best I've found steel has minor scuffs

Screenshot_2020-04-11-22-49-52.png

With the help of FBBO I finally got my door pads installed. Then I snuck the car out between rainstorms and made an "essential trip" for....uh...soup? Yeah that's it, officer...

20200411_185605.jpg 20200411_184640.jpg

Put in the new gas tank I've had for a year. Cleaned up the trim ring while I was at it...:rolleyes:

upload_2020-4-12_7-10-13.jpeg

1F460649-B299-462F-86EE-4B799EC3FD2A.jpeg
I execised its rev-limiter through 1st & second. Haven't got there in 3rd yet.

Auto Transport Service
Back