• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your Mopar today?

Really feeling like Spring out there today...
1969dartcleanupweek14 208.JPG

Painted body color (Indigo/Ocean blue) around tail lights in the grooves; mocked assembly to rear bumper (71 tails, 72 bumper); shopped for parts for from scratch build of leds for tail lights.

20210310_194140.jpg 20210310_173102.jpg
Got bit by a mosquito today, yes here in NJ, so spring is coming

All you need to do is rip out 4 spark plug wires to make it a 4 cylinder and you'll be fine!!! :fool:
I did that last year, but one of the "Soup Can Kids" and his Civic Still couldn't keep up. Maybe this year for him I will do just one bank, instead of every other one in the firing order.

Made a pair o steel K-frame blocks to test fit. I think they look pretty good. I have some aluminum on the way.
IMG_20210311_183507726.jpg

IMG_20210311_182625247.jpg

IMG_20210311_182610681.jpg

Working on getting the firewall cleaned up and flattened out . . .

sm_firewallmods08.jpg

Fitted my new power booster after the gold colored Chinese one crapped itself. Looks better, works better.
20210306_180536.jpg

I broke mine:mad:. Ongoing series of misfortunes starting with my daily driver.. a Chevy Cruze. The Cruze got put on a scanner, the technician said it was time for a new head, got it rebuilt and whoops looks like it was #2 piston rings instead, said piss on it and proceeded to drive it into the ground then the transmission goes out! Switched to driving the truck, went out to get in it and the tire had a huge hole in it, having no other option I jumped in the Charger and enjoyed a wonderful ride to work:thumbsup:. I get off work looking forward to another nice cruise but just as I hit 70 on the freeway I hear what sounds like pebbles bouncing off of the bottom of the car then no power steering? Fortunately I was close to an exit and pulled off just as it hit 210 degrees, popped the hood and found this.. those were ball bearings hitting the bottom of the car! I'm sure there's less than 10,000 miles on this serpentine setup!
IMG-20210310-WA0002.jpeg

The good news..

The idler was sitting on the frame rail so at least it's only a $15 bearing to fix it.

I just got done shortening a driveshaft for a friend who owns a wrecker service and didn't charger him for it, he returned the favor:)

I broke mine:mad:. Ongoing series of misfortunes starting with my daily driver.. a Chevy Cruze. The Cruze got put on a scanner, the technician said it was time for a new head, got it rebuilt and whoops looks like it was #2 piston rings instead, said piss on it and proceeded to drive it into the ground then the transmission goes out! Switched to driving the truck, went out to get in it and the tire had a huge hole in it, having no other option I jumped in the Charger and enjoyed a wonderful ride to work:thumbsup:. I get off work looking forward to another nice cruise but just as I hit 70 on the freeway I hear what sounds like pebbles bouncing off of the bottom of the car then no power steering? Fortunately I was close to an exit and pulled off just as it hit 210 degrees, popped the hood and found this.. those were ball bearings hitting the bottom of the car! I'm sure there's less than 10,000 miles on this serpentine setup!View attachment 1082269

The good news..

The idler was sitting on the frame rail so at least it's only a $15 bearing to fix it.

I just got done shortening a driveshaft for a friend who owns a wrecker service and didn't charger him for it, he returned the favor:)
I had a similar thing happen to me a few years ago when three vehicles went down due to various issues (blown engine in one, transmission failed in the other, a deer ran into the third and crushed the side of the car). Of course, it was winter so I wouldn't use the Road Runner with the salt on the roads. It is not fun!

Good luck with the repairs and getting back on the road!

I had a similar thing happen to me a few years ago when three vehicles went down due to various issues (blown engine in one, transmission failed in the other, a deer ran into the third and crushed the side of the car). Of course, it was winter so I wouldn't use the Road Runner with the salt on the roads. It is not fun!

Good luck with the repairs and getting back on the road!
I plugged the truck tire (would have preferred to have the tire removed and a patch plug installed) and the bearing to fix the Charger will be here today:thumbsup:. The Cruze on the other hand has pissed me off bad enough that I've got the local salvage yard looking for a 1.4 Cruze with a standard, this POS will cough up the body parts to fix the other then get scrapped!

Drove it! After 7 weeks of sitting, I popped the IOD fuse back in my 2001 Ram and the Cummins fired up like I had just parked it. 7 weeks of healing after surgery and I can climb back in it, now. I love my truck!
:thumbsup:

I also started on the tail light housings.
March 7 (2).jpg
March 7 (3).jpg

I checked the wiring and the bulb sockets...everything checked out okay..
Here's the first coat of aluminum reflective paint.
March 11 (2).jpg

And the finished coat...
March 11 (3).jpg
March 11 (4).jpg

Here's one of the original housings I didn't use......yikes!
March 11 (5).jpg

Moving them all to Nevada have a garage built and restore/ do custom mods on few more to move up

IMG_2389.jpg

I've done nothing since I did this.
3645C999-096D-49C0-8218-5601B418C8DB.jpeg
A867417F-4988-470C-803C-3018FD6CDB6F.jpeg

I'm glad it only ruined the shroud. One blade on the fan had a tiny dent I smashed out with pliers.

Fun fact: Smoldering 1969 Dodge OEM fan shroud smells like burning caramel corn.

Auto Transport Service
Back