• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your Mopar today?

Reinstalled my driver seat it ripped at the back of the insert and I sent it back to legendary for repair or replacement under what inthought was a lifetime warranty, they did not warranted the unit. They said they where going to repair it.?..... cost was stupid for a repair for something that has a warrantee

And they were going to repair my seat cover but then they sent me a new one and they sent me the old one back in the box, also, they charged me crapload of money for the repair but they sent a new seat cover instead.

No question I'm glad they sent me a new one but you know what I was charged
for repair or replacement on a lifetime guarantee item.......
It was not cheap...... i paid.....

Oh, it'll get done quickly. I don't want to burn out the trans because it's lugging and cooking fluids! But that process sounds correct. I'll RTFM just to be sure :D

I seem to remember having to put a bolt into the slot on my wagon years ago (aftermarket 4bbl on the 360, with a 727), in order to get it to downshift...presumably since the 500 is all factory parts, no bolt will be required!
Follow the fsm procedure for kickdown. Can't go wrong with that. If the front clutch isn't getting enough line pressure in drive it won't last very long under loads.

20210322_150825.jpg
20210322_150837.jpg
20210322_150846.jpg
20210322_150859.jpg
20210322_150915.jpg
20210322_150956.jpg

Now that my tail light housings are painted, it's time to fit the LED light bulbs.
March 18 (1).jpg

And put some power to them...(don't forget to ground the housing).
March 18 (2).jpg
March 18 (3).jpg

And here's all three lit up....
March 18 (5).jpg

Worked on the grill for my Runner. Got the top and bottom bars polished out over the weekend, shot the argent on the insert today. I think I nailed it.
Just have the black detail left to do.
IMG_1998.jpg
IMG_2001.jpg

Well I can get it started!!!. Turn Key nothing, dash lights on, so I Jumped Starter relay. It was stuck but with a few taps of my screw it Works with Key. (Will Replace) Always have to put gas down carb, starts for a few second and shuts off... Damn it.... still trying to get it figure out.. Bad Back making it difficult to test today.

Well back at today... car runs off fuel pour down carb for a few seconds. Igntion system checkout ok. can't get underneath car,(Bad back) had to pull alternator out of way. checked all lines to fuel pump are ok. Ran a fuel can to inlet of fuel pump and car runs fine.
so it look like line to tank. Can remember if i can use compressed air through fuel to tank without causing damage?

Well back at today... car runs off fuel pour down carb for a few seconds. Igntion system checkout ok. can't get underneath car,(Bad back) had to pull alternator out of way. checked all lines to fuel pump are ok. Ran a fuel can to inlet of fuel pump and car runs fine.
so it look like line to tank. Can remember if i can use compressed air through fuel to tank without causing damage?

Today's fuel is the culprit again. fuel line from firewall to fuel pump disintegration. also Change out filter and 2 fuel filter lines. check tank and it is clean. Added fuel additive start up took a ride into town. will look into change of fuel line to tank when my back is better.....

Dang new water pump on the Dakota leaked.

Re-permatexed the bolt where the water was coming out and it still leaked in that area.

I never remember how many bolts go through to the water jackets- all four long ones?

Re did all four, with a lot more sealant- try again tomorrow.

I hope the gasket didn't get screwed up when putting it on.

Dakota H2O pump leaked again.

F

Must have buggered the gasket putting it on.

Strike two.

F

You'd think after doing it six times I'd have it down and could do it blind folded.

Auto Transport Service
Back