• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your Mopar today?

Stock 6 leaf 340 Dart springs..
1969dartcleanupweek14 208.JPG

The "snap" at the end is the transmission mount cross member snapping into place perfectly, slipped the bolts right in. The snap also made the steering coupler drop... right onto the input shaft splines!!

striped drivers side fender for the road runner one small crease dent and no rust i am happy

Dakota H2O pump leaked again.

F

Must have buggered the gasket putting it on.

Strike two.

F
Whenever I do gaskets, I permatex or RTV the gasket to the part before installation. Like, right before - so it can still slide around if needed during install (don't glue it on then let it set overnight before installation). Not a lot of sealant, just a schmear - enough to hold the gasket in place during installation. Also, if I know there's an imperfection in the major part (in this case, the timing cover / block), I'll dab some sealant on the imperfection as well. Not enough to spooge out, but enough to fill the gouge/scratch/whatever.

Wet bolts always get thread sealant (RTV in a pinch), and I have a habit (if hyper-accurate torque isn't required) of using the little gasket-washers as well, under the flange head. Just in case.

Did everything in your first paragraph.

I'm thinking something caught the gasket and pushed it down below the mating surface in the vicinity of the left side long bolts.

You'd think after doing it six times I'd have it down and could do it blind folded.

Double check the gasket on both pump and housing. Could be the wrong gasket or it's one of those that can go on either way with the one way not covering the bolt hole. Good luck!

Double check the gasket on both pump and housing. Could be the wrong gasket or it's one of those that can go on either way with the one way not covering the bolt hole. Good luck!
Have to check alot more than just a gasket lol.

Thanks YY1, I added an additional ground wire to the tail light housing to make sure there will be a good ground for the lights to work properly.
April 3 (4).jpg

Got the doggies polished, new 15x8 rims painted, 255's mounted and took the wife out for our first cruise in 5 months. Looks a little better with some meats out back. Thanks RC.

20210404_093218.jpg 20210404_093510.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back