• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your Mopar today?

Ouch.

I always keep the doors closed when I'm working. Much as I love looking at my babies...they can't duck if something comes their way! I have a window over my kitchen sink that I cracked about eight years ago. Dual pane, only the outer cracked...it's an Andersen, so a huge PITA to get a part number for, but the inner pane is still good so a good weather seal even if it is fogged a good bit between the 2 panes now (shrug). It's on The List. I'm sure your car will be done LONG before my window is!

I'm sorry to see that. At least there's no divot in the sheetmetal.
Are you going to have it replaced in time for Maxwell?
I may have it done by today or tomorrow.
I had to pull the rear seat and speaker deck/package tray to get all of the glass out. What a mess.

Apparently I have a couple lifters with bad checks and won't stay filled. Sounds like a maytag.
Pulled the manifold and checked the culprits. Luckily the cam seems ok i didn't see any cupping on the lifters.

Fought with new fuel tank filler neck GROMMET. I suppose i MUST drop the damn tank to do this? Sucks that its 3/4 full of 114 octane.. Is there an EASY way? Tried oil on the filler neck, just bit of a wrong angle, (OER Grommet).

Thanks for any help. :-(

Some parts were on porch when I got home from work.
My shoulders are to sore & tired to torque down the valve covers :gay: so probably tomorrow evening.
Thanks SUMMIT!
5470AFA1-7025-4472-BC8A-5BCA6B165BF6.jpeg

Fought with new fuel tank filler neck GROMMET. I suppose i MUST drop the damn tank to do this? Sucks that its 3/4 full of 114 octane.. Is there an EASY way? Tried oil on the filler neck, just bit of a wrong angle, (OER Grommet).

Thanks for any help. :-(
Try a light smear of Vaseline on the rubber. Not to much, and wipe off any excess. I mean a very thin wiping, and no more...leave the rubber to sit for a couple of hours before trying to fit it up to the tank and pipe. You can also wipe a tiny bit on the filler pipe to install that.

Vaseline softens rubber, so be careful with it.

You could also try Electricians Cable Pulling lube - used for pulling cables into conduits.
65cb952b-a1ed-423f-af94-0af1ee0d12ad.jpg

Don't get excited KernDog. :D

Nevermind!

No going back to the ol OEM viscous type?
I find the electric ones easy. Just a thermistor switch.
BUT! I'm one of those hated "Purists"....LoL
If I can help, lemme know!
-Cheers-!

Thanks, for the reply. No chance for going back original, economically not in the cards I did post that I got it done. Finally. I had back surgery testerday and I am out for about two to three weeks for rehab so I will be laying low for a while. I have everything I need to complete the conversion except for the blank 4-speed dash bezel that I sent to G-CAR in Washington in December. Going on four Months now and phone goes straight to voice mail. Im Worried! Thanks again to everybody that replied.

Sent an email request to Detroit Muscle Technologies for information on some of their products - quarter vent gasket, window rubbers and fuzzies for my A100. Was pleasantly surprised to get a reply in under 6 hours....considering the time differences, I call that a win. :lowdown:

Looks like another order going in shortly. :thumbsup:

:xscuseless:

Tape to mark & measure positioning of clips for comparison....
upload_2021-4-21_7-44-49.png

I DID install my valve cover studs. I didn't put the covers on because while doing the studs an unannounced thunderstorm rolled through and 5 minutes after everything I had outside was soaked I remembered everything that was outside.
It was nice and blue with a few puffy white clouds when I started then the wind picked up.
Then it got really dark.
Then there was a deluge.
Stupid weather report said 80% chance of rain Sun-Mon...

Finally found a compound/polish/wax combo that works on my Charger last night.

The day I picked the car up in FL, in December:
1130201849a.jpg

And last night, after another round of wet-sanding with 1000, wet-sanding with 1500, wet-sanding with 3000, buffing with Meguiars 110, buffing with Meguiars 210, and a final wax with Meguiars Gold Class:

0420212142a.jpg

Now to get more bonnets for my orbital, and do the rest of the car. I did the trunk, dutchman's panel, and top of the right quarter panel last night.

It's a start.

Bought some 5/16 UNC Rivnuts and mandrel for my set to replace all the nuts and bolts holding the engine doghouse together. Anyone with an A100 will understand why.....it will make changing the plugs a 1 hour job instead of 3 hours.....and no need for a lift either.

It will also make adjustments like belt changes, pulley alignment and wiring alterations a lot easier at home.

:xscuseless:

20210422_231142.jpg

Got the '75 Imperial home from its 27-year slumber under a tree. Bought for the engine and trans as spares for my Imperial and Coronet. The car is heading to a guy in Nebraska who is restoring a '76 Chrysler NY.

Added some home-made baffles to my pair of 440source fabbed covers.

20210424_152122.jpg

Nice covers, used them on the last engine but I seemed to draw a lot of PCV oil even with baffled-style grommets. I haven't been using them on my current build but they are 1000% nicer than the Mancini fabbed covers I am using...
I'm getting ready to swap to some Trick Flow heads and other goodies and the 440source covers will be going back on at that point. I will also be truing up the flanges (even though they're pretty dang flat already) and either powder coating them or polishing them out...still kicking that around.

I've been using a spare block for preliminary mock-up duty, just to get ideas. I'll be able to get things dialed-in with the engine these are actually going on once I start the changeover.
20210424_152219.jpg

You can fit some good size burritos under this intake.
20210408_153518.jpg

Oh, and @andyf your valley plate and batwings fit wonderfully. Great port alignment with Superformance gaskets. Thanks!

This Trick Flow intake fits worlds better just OOTB than any Edelbrock I've ever had...it's actually not going to need the corrective angle milling for front/back and side to side variation..we'll see how it works compared to a 7193 on 505 cubes with these heads and my decent-but-not-too-radical SFT cam.

Font seats today. The inspector was checking my work.
I have a few wrinkles to work out
D3BD4F81-822C-47F3-8FF5-65450FABB11C.jpeg CB852A37-D818-434F-A1AD-1C12D2B02240.jpeg

Got the license plate light assembly cleaned up & painted and mounted on the license plate holder.
Also got the bumper brackets on. The next step is to install the rear bumper to the car, but that's for next weekend.
April 25,2021 (1).jpg
April 25,2021 (2).jpg
April 25,2021 (3).jpg
April 25,2021 (4).jpg
April 25,2021 (5).jpg
April 25,2021 (6).jpg
April 25,2021 (9).jpg

Made a mobile stand to mount my dashes to. Now to get started on the first one.

IMG_1499.jpg

I somehow managed to break my fuel pump which is a first for me. The motor simply shut down. A Safe flatbed ride home and a few beers helped to ease the pain of a missed day of cruising.

9508404F-7068-4085-A7DA-41DC84B20411.jpeg CDC96705-FB1D-4EFC-8944-FAC5B9ACEF21.jpeg 2441F7A7-21F3-400D-AB8F-C95E264CEE43.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back