• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your Mopar today?

Made these beefy headrest parts for the bucket seats for my 69 charger. Made them out of polyethylene. These should last longer than the originals.
20210725_201739.jpg

Now that my Air Door hinge has arrived I can get started on it.
First, for a fit-check.
July 31 (1).jpg

Next, put the studs in place.
July 31 (4).jpg

I made this bracket from some 0.060" thick aluminum.
July 31 (6).jpg

July 31 (5).jpg

Next, make one for the other side.
August 2nd (1).jpg

Some small spacers are needed, so I cut some from some stainless tube I had.
Once installed here's what it looks like from the front.
August 2nd (3).jpg

Here's the end result.
August 2nd (8).jpg

225.jpg
226.jpg
227.jpg
228.jpg
229.jpg

Finished up the hard and flex brake lines, master cylinder and booster....

Putting parts back on my Holley 3116 carb base plates. Sent base plates to Woodruff Carb to have throttle shafts bushed.:thumbsup: Putting the cotter pins to connect primary and secondaries pita. Of course go to my cotter pin supply had only one:BangHead: the right size, so wrestled with one used one. Shopping trip tomorrow, maybe buy a spare........or a dozen.:rolleyes:

Had to move the 51 year old to change it's floor diaper. I'll get to that trans pan this Winter I promise! Figured the mileage was worthy of a picture, Son probably didn't even notice when he parked it. Smoked for a bit out the right pipe after start up and then went away. Guess I'm doing valve seals this Winter as well. I can do that and babysit at the same time.. LOL Maybe I'll take her for a cooling test drive tomorrow, only supposed to be 40C....
superbirdaugust232021 004.JPG
superbirdaugust232021 007.JPG
superbirdaugust232021 014.JPG
superbirdaugust232021 015.JPG

New radiator from US radiator. It fit pretty well, I did have to make one new trans cooler line and modify the fan shroud. Took it for a ride and temp was 20 degrees cooler then it normally was.

53B90565-9964-488F-901C-6C984ACD51C7.jpeg

Kicked the Plymouth out and "Dodged" all my responsibilities today.....:lol:

shopcarssept232021 016.JPG

Worked on Brownie points first and then got the Bee in the air for inspection and an oil change (tomorrow)

shopcarssept232021 019.JPG
shopcarssept232021 011.JPG
shopcarssept232021 033.JPG
shopcarssept232021 043.JPG

Somehow I picked up something in my 73's left front tire the last time I drove it.

Coincidentally, my wife also got a flat yesterday.

While I was at the shop plugging hers, I put mine up on a stand so I would be ready to work on it this weekend.

Standing by for "plugging hers" jokes........

Lubed the front end, my cheap grease gun stopped pumping a few times, had to pound it on the concrete upside down a few times to get it back in service.
Pain in the ***, cheap stuff nowadays!

Worked on the D300 a bit yesterday. I took a Scotchbrite to the hood paint, and it really came out nice. The rest of the body will get that on Sunday. Hopefully, my rear windshield weatherstrip comes in soon, so that I can replace that fossilized 52-year-old rubber, and then install my flatbed on the chassis. Found a nice one in Tulsa last month that matched the overall look of the truck. I didn't want a bright, shiny-new bed on the truck. Now, had I repainted the truck, sure; but it doesn't need it. The truck is night-and-day over what I got off the hauler in early April!

After work today, I will get the Imperial convertible ready for the Hot Rod 100 run from Arcadia to Weatherford, OK. I've participated in five of the six that have run here, and they are a great deal of fun. Three times in the Coronet, and what will be three in the Imperial. There is a big celebration in Weatherford to mark the 95th anniversary of the Mother Road, Route 66; of which we'll be part of. The HR100 gets together around 7:30am Saturday, we leave at 9:00, and look to get to the destination point around 11:00. I love that it is run on State highways and not the flippin' Interstates. This IS for cars older than 1973, but they do allow later cars...very few later cars! What's funny is that people naturally tend to follow the car(s) in front of them in these type of runs. And get off-track, in the process! Done that before...once or twice...myself.

There are a few things to do on the Coronet next week that I'll attend to.

Auto Transport Service
Back