• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What did you do to your Mopar today?

Mocked up first wheel to check if I got the backspacing correct...I did. lol. 2 1/2" left on either side.

619182-97dc36f6cd99214f6f521000a8b0744c.jpg
619183-4b56bdb4d28f28b8cf6e6a086d925a94.jpg
619184-88ad0ca6ea0225e47940616c8c298e3d.jpg

Upgraded to a 60 amp Denso alternator.
Used the AR Engineering kit, but the 3 hole bracket didn't fit, so I used my old one. I guess my water pump is older style probably 1964.
14.1 to 14.2 volts at 900 rpm. My fuel pump has never sounded so strong.
IMG_20211003_200408513.jpg
IMG_20211003_200558326.jpg

Last edited:
Used my rolling jack for the first time, where has this thing been all my life!? A mere 10 seconds to lift the rear wheels up and then turned the drive shaft by hand with easy, as I fixed up a loose Spicer U joint issue at the rear yoke.
beedriveshaftujoint 002.JPG
beedriveshaftujoint 020.JPG
beedriveshaftujoint 021.JPG

Just srarted up and let it run for a bit, did some concrete repair and have a few more days to drive on it, what a bitch.

Haven't done much to it in a couple of years but I keep her running and pour in some fresh gas now and again.
Cleaned up the garage today, took a couple of pics, and warmed up the engine. The wife says it sounds like a boat.
N2RqXUzAsPQVj4h8z80i9JIkzxfgC29A9Smd2fYwalQ07-6_CcdQiEWCvIvwk1zScnsDWM=w1410-h1057-no?authuser=0.jpg

The fenders on this car are torn up but a lot better than what's out there for sale (NONE!) Might need a real body man to straighten them out.
-aZsaB16R7ipfA9kSky1wLikalpflwHl9FeDTtqQETI7b95CfaTuMTTOsqctsXhNuadyXU=w1410-h1057-no?authuser=0.jpg

The left front is so bent it shows up in the hood to fender gap. Looks like a tree fell on it. I did some work on it and stopped when I realized how bent it was.
Bigger hammer? I do have one.

The fenders.....better than what's out there for sale (NONE!) Might need a real body man to straighten them out.....

To think that I sold a '72 Charger fender back in 2013 for $150.00. Rust free with very few dents.

As for me, working on my '68 Charger under dash wiring re-assembly. Fun times.

made the deal for some stuff for the 62$$$$ walked by her 3 times. drooled on a cheap first gen 392 i can't afford.

@68Moparmaniac
Spare me the lengthy guesswork of searching your posts and please tell us what color is that yellow? It appears to be a "more pastel" yellow than Lemon Twist/Top Bananna...

Gonna guess SS1 Sunfire Yellow...DAY1Y2, I restored a 68 Coronet 500 convertible in this colour...with a black top and black interior it really pops!

Sunfire Yellow....with a black top and black interior it really pops!
SS1, Sunfire Yellow. Black vinyl top and black RT stripes
Thanks and it looks GREAT!
Yellow and Black combo as my absolute favorite goes back 50 years to me at 9 years old seeing a yellow and black Schwinn Super Sport 10 speed bicycle under the Christmas tree!
I've had/have quite a lot of yellow and black "transportation vehicles", beyond that bicycle, my 71 Charger R/T back in 78-79, 2006 Route 66 PT Cruiser, 2005 H2 Hummer, my fishing boat, my 2011 Harley-Davidson V-Rod, my 70 Roadrunner...
I'm saying that because while I like that combo, the practical exception for me would be a convertible.
Main reason is the South Louisiana heat and humidity makes a sun baked black interior of a top down convertible uncomfortable at best, and a trip to the burn unit at worst.
I'd say the tipping point of "convertible color combo concession" came to me when I saw a gorgeous 69 R/T Coronet in B5 Blue with a white top, stripes, and interior on an October blue skies day at Cruisin the Coast. It was stunning and practical in that I'm sure it was much cooler temperature-wise than a yellow and black interior car would have been.
I'd also consider Inviolet/Plum Crazy and white to be a top convertible combo, and all of those are taking practicality into consideration.
:thumbsup:
Convertible color combo concession rant over. Lol...

Auto Transport Service
Back